This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 01/06/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Believers Tabernacle, an exciting, fast-growing church located in Wichita, KS, is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic person to lead its ministry to children (birth – 5th grade) and their families. The Children’s Pastor will be part of the church’s Strategic Leadership Team along with four other Pastors.
We’re looking for an exceptional Children’s Pastor who is a team builder, equipper and servant leader. Current responsibilities include leading Sunday AM services for our elementary-aged ministry (1st – 5th grade) and overseeing our mid-week discipleship ministries for children. Recruiting, motivating and training a large volunteer staff as well as overseeing curriculum for children’s discipleship. Strong leadership abilities, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills are essential in working in this environment. We offer a strong salary and excellent benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
A major construction project will soon be underway including a Children’s Ministry Center. Believers Tabernacle is committed to ministering to our children at the highest level and determined to help parents raise Godly children in today’s culture.
You will love working with this team!
• Christ-like character
• Ability to recruit, motivate, train and encourage paid and volunteer staff
• Ability to facilitate dynamic, anointed, engaging Bible-focused and Spirit-led children’s worship services
• Passionate Spirit-filled Christian
• Compatibility with current staff leadership team
• Ability to inspire and work with parents
• Licensed minister
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 years experience in full-time Children’s ministry
• Experience in managing budgets
• Licensed Assemblies of God minister
• Bachelors degree or higher in elementary education or children’s ministry
• Experience in a children’s pastor role in a larger church setting