Church Administrative Director
Broadway Christian Church
The Church Administrative Director functions as the church’s chief operations and financial officer and is specifically responsible for all financial and budgetary issues, facility, non-pastoral personnel, communications, and all other general operational
The Church Business Administrator should possess management experience, conflict resolution skills, ability to properly delegate. Energized by leading others and seeing them succeed, self-discipline regarding personal time usage, and spiritual, physical
and emotional health. It is important that this person possess a combination of administrative and leadership skills. Of utmost importance is a heart that is “wired for people” and thrives on nurturing and developing others.
A bachelor's degree is a plus but not required; a minimum of five years' direct financial and administrative management experience, preferably in church or non-profit administration; excellent organizational, analytical, financial, and writing skills; proven
ability to meet deadlines, develop and implement program policies and procedures, and manage changing and conflicting priorities; outstanding leadership, supervisory, interpersonal, and communication skills; tact, discretion, and ability to handle sensitive
and confidential matters; and a willingness to learn new technology and knowledge of database (Shelby); experience overseeing a variety of accounting transactions. Experience organizing 1000+ participant activities; experience negotiating contracts, leases
or agreements. A Christian in full agreement with Broadway Christian Church’s statement of faith including a willingness to join BCC as a member; willingness and ability to serve Christ and His church; spiritually mature.
- Responsible for the attainment of short- and long-term administrative goals.
- Administer and enforce church-adopted administrative policies and procedures including employment policy, financial policy, and church policy.
- Serve as resource person regarding business and administrative matters of the church
- Maintain HR records
- Provide training, seminars and other developmental programs to enhance staff development
- Oversees and coordinates the details of the daily appointment/schedule calendar for the staff to ensure the most efficient use of their time.
- Administrate Weekly Staff meetings (facilitate in Pastor’s absence)
- Provide project management as assigned
- Coordinate and assist with special events held off and on campus.
- Prepares, administrates, and reviews the annual budget process in collaboration with the Associate and Senior Pastor and presents the budget to the Elder Board for approval.
- Oversees purchasing function by monitoring budget spending.
- Prepares and oversees monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as needed.
- Oversees the maintenance of an accurate filing, recordkeeping, and reporting system for all financial matters.
- Oversees a process to insure that GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) is maintained at all times.
Separation of duties
Record retention policy
Follow proper payroll procedures
Make sure all income and expenses are properly accounted for and safeguarded
Responsible for monitoring internal controls and accounting procedures
The Church Business Administrator is primarily responsible to the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor and the Board of Elders.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Total package not to exceed $55,000 annually
No health or 401k benefits available
Office hours Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm, In addition this position is on duty for all Sunday morning services, at this time approximately 7am-1pm but varies by season.
Email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
For more information on who BCC is please visit