We are currently seeking a full-time Family Pastor for Open Bible Christian Center in Rapid City, SD. Open Bible Christian Center is part of the Open Bible Churches based out of Des Moinses, Iowa. We are a contemporary church that average 900 in attendance on the weekends. This pastoral role will also oversee the youth ministry which is averaging around 100 students.
There are a few requirements that we are looking for in a Family Pastor, these are listed below. If you feel you would be a fit for OBCC after reading these requirements and the position description, please submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) references and a written philosophy of ministry to email@example.com.
- Must love Jesus and be passionate about ministering to families.
- Must have at least 8 years experience in pastoral ministry, preferred ministry to families and youth.
- Must be married.
- Must be a team player and understand that you will be asked to serve outside of your assigned ministry area.
- Must have read the book, "Family Based Youth Ministry" by Mark DeVries.
- Must submit to a criminal and financial back ground check.
- Must submit current references that are willing to discuss both strengths and weaknesses.
Position: FAMILY PASTOR
The Family Pastor is responsible to partner and build relationships with parents and families to equip them as the primary discipling relationship in their children’s lives. Additionally, the Family Pastor is responsible to provide pastoral leadership in the spiritual development of youth grades six to twelve, by developing a strategy for discipleship in accordance with Open Bible Christian Center’s Master Discipleship Plan.
- Born Again Christian.
- The mannerisms, habits, and dress of this individual must reflect favorably upon the work of God.
- Must possess an attitude of humility, submissiveness, enthusiasm and diligence.
- Must have leadership skills, organizational skills, and good people skills.
- Must have adequate education or equivalent experience in pastoral ministry and proven track record of having raised or raising a family that is a model of the Christian Faith.
- Must have proven ability to recruit, train, and release parents and ministry workers.
- Must have a desire to partner with parents and families to equip them as the primary discipling relationship in their children’s lives.
- Must have a servant's heart and a willingness to embrace the vision of the OBCC.
Pastoral employees are hired by the Senior Pastor with the term assumed to be ongoing, as long as the pastor remains in good standing. The position exists subject to the vision of the Senior Pastor.
This is a full time paid position. Salary and benefits shall be determined by the Board of Directors and are reviewed on an annual basis.
This pastoral position is expected to perform a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours office, ministry and service time each week. This position demands intensive involvement with both the parents of youth, the youth themselves and must be flexible realizing this role includes many hours outside of regular office hours and weekend service times. This involvement must be understood in advance. All Pastors are required to be on-site a minimum of one hour before regular Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday Services.
- Communication Skills
SECTION ONE: RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION (60%)
Responsibility #1 (15%): Provide pastoral leadership, strategic planning for all ministry, outreach and programs for Family and Youth Ministry.
Produce an annual vision and purpose statement for a Family and Youth Ministry that includes specific, measurable goals of targeted care, outreach and ministry programs. This vision and purpose statements must align with the stated vision of Open Bible Christian Center and the vision of Family and Youth Ministry of Open Bible Christian Center as set by the Senior Pastor. Final approval of the plan rests with the Senior Pastor.
Responsibility #2 (20%): Equip parents to become the primary discipleship influence in their families.
- Establish weekly communication with parents using various methods (email, text, twitter, Facebook etc.). This communication will include how we assist them in being the spiritual leaders for their children. Schedule monthly parent meetings that will include fellowship time and/or resourcing parents to be the primary discipleship influence in their families.
- Conduct quarterly trainings that will equip parents to create an environment where their families will thirst for God. Topics that will be included: discipline, Biblical instruction, parenting skills.
- Build a growing family equipping ministry team of parents, lay leaders and volunteers through enlistment, training, development and empowerment that will have at least 20 parents on the team.
Responsibility #3 (15%): Responsible for the overall spiritual development and discipleship plan for all youth grades six to twelve (6 to 12).
- While the application component (annual plan) is addressed in Responsibility #1, listed here are the minimal required annual components of ministry, programs and outreach to youth and young adults.
Youth Worship ServicesWeekly
Youth Life Groups
- Build a team of Life Group leaders that will include 50% parental involvement and 50% adult involvement as leaders as well as their help with practical needs such as transportation, providing homes for fellowships, chaperone events etc.
- Provide for on-going leadership development of all teams and identify/fill key ministry leadership positions. Select/develop/evaluate curricula and resources for Life Groups and other student events, in conjunction with the Discipleship Pastor, that promotes the Open Bible Christian Center Discipleship Plan.
- Attend school events that involves students of the church.
Responsibility #4 (10%): Youth Discipleship and Outreach Focus.
- While the application component (annual plan) is addressed in Responsibility #1, listed here are the minimal required annual components of ministry, programs and outreach to youth.
CampsRetreats and conferences
Monthly social activities
Quarterly outreach projects/events
Note: All activities/events must be effectively communicate to parents and placed on the master
church calendar upon approval:
- Work in cooperation with the Mountain Plains Region Youth Ministry in consultation with Senior Pastor and parents.
- All parents will grant permission for their children to be involved in activities and ministry prior to asking the children to be involved (i.e. youth being on the worship team or serving as an assistant in other children’s ministries).
- Develop and implement an assimilation plan for all youth attenders and youth guests.
- Obtain/Maintain CDL License.
Responsibility #5 (0%): Develop an annual spending plan for Family and Youth Ministries.
- Provide for vision in the Spending Plan for the coming year.
- Submit spending plan as requested by Church Business Administrator.
- Oversee the purchasing of supplies, equipment, curriculum and teaching resources in the Family and Youth ministry area.
- Make wise investment of church funds and stay within the spending plan allocations.
Responsibility #6 (0%): Perform ministerial or other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor.
- Performance standards:
- Pastoral visitation
- Weekly ministry contacts
- Attend all church leadership meetings
- Reporting as required
- Pastor of the Week and/or contact calls as required
- Teamwork mentality…. Whatever it takes
SECTION TWO: MINISTRY GOALS FOR CURRENT YEAR (40%)
TO BE DETERMINED UPON HIRING.
Goal #1 (XX%):
Goal #2 (XX%):
Goal #3 (XX%):
SECTION THREE: TEAM MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES (25%)
Each pastoral staff member will be assessed in the following team ministry responsibilities as defined.
- LEADERSHIP: Influencing others for the church's best interest
- ATTITUDE: Cultivates a positive outlook on life, a sense of humor, and maintains a spirit of gratitude
- RECRUITING & EQUIPPING: Discovering and training people for ministry
- PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT: Lifestyle commitment to people's personal growth
- TEAMWORK: Overall attitude, cooperation, and a servant's heart in areas outside your own responsibility
- EVANGELISM: Faithfulness in sharing the gospel and inviting new people to church
- PROFESSIONALISM: Excellence in areas such as returning phone calls, personal appearance, punctuality, follow-through and ability to handle sensitive/confidential information
- ORGANIZATION: Advance planning and strategic thinking in all ministry areas
- INITIATIVE/CREATIVITY: Pro-active, self-starting, anticipates problems and designs solutions, innovative
- SPIRITUAL LIFE: Evidence of consistency in love, joy, patience, self-control, and a faithful prayer life.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Family MinistriesEcclesia Hollywood
- Hollywood, California
- January 22
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Open Bible Christian Center
Open Bible Christian Center is a growing church in the heart of the Black Hills of South Dakota. "Loving God and Investing in People" is what we are all about. Through our ministry, lives are being restored, relationships mended and believers empowered to live God-centered lives. Through this Body of Christ you will meet those with a vision that is focused on the Holy Spirit touching and changing lives. More...