The CV First children's pastor/director is the vital leader in a growing ministry to our youngest treasures and their families. The church is in a season of preparation for anticipated growth. This individual, as a member of the leadership team will help lead our ministry to children via AWANA, Sunday school, and youth sports.
- Provide strategic leadership, planning and training for children’s ministry team.
- Sunday morning leadership and oversight of all children’s ministry classes, events, and promotional activities.
- Serve as part of the staff leadership team, including attendance at all scheduled staff meetings, training sessions, and pertinent church events.
- Oversee the children’s ministry budget.
- Oversight of the AWANA ministry and the AWANA commander.
- Direct and grow the children’s Sunday school program (ages: birth through 5th grade), including teacher recruitment and training, worship, curriculum, appreciation, and family support.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for the Crossover CV Youth Basketball ministry, including support of volunteer staff and liaison with the local churches.
- Oversee the development, selection and implementation of Sunday school curriculum.
- Responsible for recruitment and equipping of all staffing for children’s ministry.
- Manage all communications between ministries which interact with children’s ministry.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the safety and security protocols of children on CV First campus.
- Serve as staff liaison to A Kid’s Kingdom preschool.
- Oversee all operations of the nursery, including management of staff and security.
- Communicate regularly with parents using various platforms regarding the on-going goals and schedule of the children’s ministry.
- Develop a team and oversee implementation of childcare needs during CV First ministry events.
- Continue to establish priorities for growing healthy families at CV First.
- Serve as one of the CV First representatives to the Community Vacation Bible School committee.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A passion for ministry to children and their parents.
- Full acceptance of the CV First purpose and vision.
- Bachelor's degree, in an applicable area of study.
- Proven ability to recruit, organize, administer and lead a team of volunteers.
- Experience and proficiency in modern communication tools.
- Experience and support for youth sports ministry.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to: Don Ott, Senior Pastor, CV First Baptist Church, 18550 Redwood Road, Castro Valley, CA 94546. Emails are preferred at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Castro Valley First Baptist Church
CV First is a growing and established congregation located in the East Bay of the greater San Francisco area. As the largest unincorporated town in California, CV First has an active community committed to the teaching and learning of Scripture, loving the Lord and one another, and living out His will through the discipleship of believers and reaching out to others. Presently, the Lord is blessing our children's ministry with over 600 in a sports outreach, 120+ in weekly AWANA, waiting lists for our preschool, and a flock of dedicated, gifte More...