This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Arts Director
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/05/2009
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Technical Arts Director
The Technical Arts Director leads the technical staff and volunteers at The MET. The Tech Arts Director executes the creative design and provides consistent, superb media (audio, lighting, staging, video and IMAG), and facilitation of worship services and meetings. The position is also responsible for training potential staff and volunteers in all areas of media, specifically as it pertains to the state of the art “tools of the trade” used by the Tech Arts Department. This is a Worship Arts Lead Team position and will report directly to the Lead Pastor of Worship Arts.
The candidate must demonstrate critical skills in effective leadership ability and experience in recruiting and developing volunteers. The role requires: an extensive knowledge and high level of experience in audio, lighting, staging, IMAG, video and extensive professional experience in live production.
• Lead all technical staff and volunteers to produce seamless integration and support for all services, programs, and events within all venues of The MET.
• Design and implement a training model for Technical Arts.
• Assist in design and service setups at campuses as directed. (audio/stage/lighting).
• Set an example for the technical team in leadership, care, and discipleship.
• Facilitate personal and team growth to be knowledgeable in all facets of media equipment, as well as, leadership development through research, networking and continuing education opportunities.
• Responsible for all aspects of volunteer mobilization in cooperation with the Worship Ministry Team.
• Responsible for hiring and supervising “contract labor”, stage hands, riggers additional support for productions, and renting additional AVL gear when needed.
• Responsible for all repairs/replacements and scheduling routine maintenance on all media equipment according to the Master Calendar and vendor service personnel for any on-site repairs on all campuses that cannot be made in-house.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to build and lead a team of highly skilled professional staff.
• Must be able to build a strong volunteer team.
• Must be able to network and coordinate resources for consulting and training purposes
• Must possess a “team” spirit and be able to function seamlessly with the rest of the creative team in the Worship Arts Department.
• Requires the ability to accomplish assigned projects through other ministry
Please submit your resume and any additional media to kvincent@TheMETonline.org through Jan 25, 2009.