This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Group Life Pastor
Harvest Bible Chapel
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 01/05/2009
Categories: Discipleship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
HARVEST BIBLE CHAPEL – Naperville
JOB TITLE: Group Life Pastor
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Pastor
PURPOSE: To provide vision, leadership and oversight to Group Life by training and equipping leaders to plug people into small groups, study groups, and recovery groups so that they will grow in spiritual maturity and be loved and cared for at Harvest.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Know, understand, and communicate the vision of Harvest Bible Chapel to staff and leaders and implement that vision in their specific areas of responsibility.
2. Empower Group Life to provide the structure, support, and shepherding necessary to meet the growing demands of Harvest Naperville.
3. Recruit, train, and equip staff and leaders to actively pursue people in the body and strongly encourage a commitment to the form of Group Life that best fits their individual needs.
4. Recruit, train and equip staff and leaders to provide consistent care, council, shepherding and follow-up to those involved in Group Life.
5. Ensure that small groups study groups & recovery groups are fulfilling their stated purpose of Bible study, prayer, accountability, and care with the shared goal of helping people to grow in spiritual maturity and develop meaningful relationships.
Small groups are the primary place for people to receive shepherding and support through sermon-based Bible study, prayer, accountability, and care.
1. Develop and oversee small groups for people at various stages of life including mean, women, college, young adult, young married, and mixed.
2. Develop & implement a strategy that makes it easy for people to get involved in a small group.
3. Develop & implement a strategy for recruiting, training and reproducing leaders and coaches for small groups.
4. Develop & implement a strategy that ensures small groups are healthy and emphasize their primary purpose.
5. Develop & implement a strategy for small groups to include a regularly scheduled service component.
6. Provide opportunities for various small groups to gather together, expand and deepen relationships and target pre-connected persons to join.
Study Groups are designed to help people apply biblical truth to specific topics of interest over a set period of time.
1. Develop a long-term plan that offers study groups of interest to men, women, and mixed adults.
2. Develop and/or use existing materials to provide biblically-based study group resources that are consistent with the doctrine and theology of Harvest Bible Chapel.
3. Recruit, train and equip qualified teachers and leaders who will recruit people to lead specific study groups and provide an experience similar to small group life at Harvest.
4. Develop & implement a strategy that enables these study groups to birth new small groups.
5. Evaluate classes, instructors, and leaders to ensure that they are effective and consistent with the vision of Harvest and fulfill the stated purpose of Harvest.
Recovery & Support Groups are designed to be a place of comfort and healing to people who are experiencing crises and pain by providing biblical solutions to life’s complex problems.
1. Provide management oversight to the current recovery groups which include marriage restoration recovery group and an addictions recovery group.
2. Ensure that these groups are consistent with the vision, purpose and mission of Harvest.
3. Develop & implement a strategy to place people in these groups who visit or attend our church, are currently in small groups or study groups or are inquiring from the community.
4. Recruit, train and equip leaders who can provide biblical counsel, comfort, and care.
5. Develop a vision & strategy to implement new recovery and support groups to help minister to the needs of Harvest Naperville.
6. Develop a lay counseling ministry that is consistent with the mission and vision of Harvest.
1. Set goals, action plans, calendar, staffing, supplies, equipment & corresponding
budgets for all worship related activities and personnel
2. Perform duties within budget, time, and space restraints dictated by senior
3. Participate in weekly management meetings.
4. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and work ethic personally and among the staff.
5. Evaluate and review staff in reporting positions. (this position has 3-4 staff to lead)
6. Perform all other duties assigned by the Executive Pastor.
Directly Responsible for following Reporting Positions:
Director of Small Groups
Director of Study Groups
Director of Recovery Groups
NOTE: The above duties are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Our ministry at Harvest is a team ministry. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned from time to time as situations dictate.
Please see our website www.harvestnaperville.org please look at the “about us” under “purpose” and make sure that you are comfortable with our philosophy and environment and understand our mission of “Worship, Walk and Work”.
1. 10 years full time ministry experience (some of which should be in a church of 1,000 or more)
2. A successful track record of leading a paid staff team
3. 10 years of experience with growing small groups. Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already accomplished this in their current or past ministry settings
4. Applicants should have strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, teaching, as well as strong relational abilities. Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already demonstrated these strengths in their current or past ministry settings.
5. As a minimum applicants should have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of
concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry