Title: Contemporary Worship Leader
Report To: Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Mission and Overall Responsibility: This position will work in conjunction with the senior Pastor to lead not only our contemporary service both in message and music but also lead our church’s technology and media communication into the 21st century. The candidate should have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
The Contemporary Worship Leader will report directly to the senior Pastor. Their primary responsibility will be to work with the senior Pastor to oversee and coordinate the production of the contemporary service. This position is one that requires the individual to serve as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. In addition, the Contemporary Worship Leader would also need to be tech savvy and lead the church in its technology communication.
The ideal candidate will be passionate in their role and be able to connect well with the leadership, congregation, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning worship services alongside the senior Pastor and worship team.
2. Recruiting and training musicians and vocalists for contemporary worship services and other events.
3. Coordinate with Director of Music for rehearsal times.
4. Recruiting, training, and equipping Production Team volunteers.
5. Managing church website, video/media communication, online bulletin, and public relations.
6. Integrating Wesleyan theology into their ministry.
7. Participating in ongoing spiritual growth and development consistent with the expectations of church members.
8. Attend all regularly scheduled and special meetings of the senior Pastor and staff and other duties as prescribed by the senior Pastor.
1. A dynamic speaker who can deliver God’s message in a contemporary format.
2. An accomplished musician.
3. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation of Cairo First United Methodist Church.
4. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading our church in worship.
5. Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
6. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
7. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, video projection, graphic design and web-site development.
8. Ability to incorporate other musical styles and art forms as needed.
9. A self-starter.
10. A team player with a positive attitude.
1. A strong personal relationship with Christ.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the Wesleyan theology.
4. Respectful and sensitive to the principles and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
5. A gifted musician and leader.
6. Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
Senior Pastor, church staff, worship team and leadership of various church committees.
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years’ experience in leadership of contemporary service or related field.
Does not require seminary training
This is an interim position with the possibility for a long-term placement.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Preschool Ministry LeaderPark Cities Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Cairo First United Methodist Church
The mission of the Cairo First United Methodist Church, according to the above Word of God, is to provide for the call of persons to follow Jesus Christ through worship, evangelism, education, missions, service and supportive fellowship. More...