The Executive Pastor oversees ministries, administrative functions and staff. This
position works closely with the Lead Pastor and staff to ensure all operations are carried
out consistent with the strategic direction of the church—Mission/Vision, Core Values,
Culture and Ministry Focus.
- He will meet the spiritual, moral and character qualifications of an elder as described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, and will exhibit the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22
- He will be a man of prayer and the Word, whose life is characterized by devoted, personal worship of the Lord, and who willingly embraces personal accountability to others for his growth as a believer.
- He will wholeheartedly affirm and embrace the church covenant, statement of faith and by-laws of West Park Baptist Church.
- He will be a member in good standing of West Park Baptist Church. If not a member when called, he will complete the membership process within 3 months of assuming his responsibilities as Executive Pastor.
- He will wholeheartedly embrace the Biblical model of equipping other believers for ministry and will demonstrate significant skills in building, leading and empowering ministry teams for advancing the work of the church.
- He will possess proven experience as a servant-leader with significant abilities in leading pastors and ministry leaders in a teaming culture of empowerment and decentralized decision-making.
- He will possess exceptional administrative skills and proven experience in leading a multiple-staff, missionally focused church.
- As an Elder
Serves as a member of the Pastoral Lead Team which….
a. Provides overall spiritual leadership and direction for the church.
b. Assures the doctrinal integrity of West Park Baptist Church.
c. Provides for the spiritual welfare of the members.
d. Guides West Park in the joyful work of making Christ known to all the people groups of the world.
2. As an Overseer
a. Ensures that the vision of the Lead Pastor is implemented and that the ministry leaders maintain
alignment on that vision.
b. Works with the Pastoral Lead Team and other ministry staff to plan, implement, coordinate and
evaluate overall and individual ministries.
c. Meets regularly with the Lead Pastor for reporting, planning and evaluating church health and
d. Approves and ensures the implementation of policies and procedures for effective ministry
e. Directs staff in establishing key result areas and annual ministry plans.
f. Oversees administrative personnel responsible for:
i. Annual budget process and ongoing financial management of the church’s resources.
ii. Human Resources.
iii. Management and development of the campus and facilities
vi. Special Projects.
g. Oversees implementation of annual ministry plans and provides oversight of day-to-day ministry
h. Chairs the RED Team and conducts other meetings and retreats as needed.
i. Oversees networking and alignment of the church ministries to optimize effectiveness.
j. Assists the Lead Pastor in preparing for key leadership meetings.
3. As a Pastor
a. Serves the Lord’s flock at West Park Baptist Church with a shepherd’s heart.
b. Faithfully teaches the Word of God in all settings, public and private.
c. Actively shares the gospel with those who do not know the Lord.
d. Provides pastoral care, counsel & spiritual direction to members and attenders.
e. Performs the pastoral duties of baptisms, funerals, weddings, communion services.
f. Encourages the staff in their development as disciples and as ministry leaders.
g. Assists pastors and ministry leaders in identifying and resolving problems and issues that do not
require the direct involvement of the Lead Pastor.
h. Guides, coaches and spiritually mentors team members.
i. Encourages a joyful work environment that stimulates a healthy and highperforming staff to
accomplish the mission & vision of the church.
j. Actively collaborates with leaders of partner churches and ministries for greater kingdom impact.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university or seminary; or, equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in leading pastors and ministry leaders.
- Administrative skills and experience, especially in financial matters.
- A team player and a servant leader.
- Ability to lead a multiple-staff, missionally minded church.
- Ability to lead effectively in a teaming culture of empowerment and decentralized decision making.
Nice to Have:
- Advanced degree.
- Training/education in organizational leadership.
- Pastor of Adults
- Pastor of Worship
- Pastor to Students
- Pastor of Ministry Training and Global Impact
- Director of Children’s Ministry
- Director of Pastoral Care
- Director of Local Impact
- Some Administrative Staff
Type of Position
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorStonehill Church
- Meridian, Idaho
- October 21
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Executive PastorHarvest Community Church
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- October 17
Administrative pastorLiberty Church
- Ozone Park, New York
- October 13
Executive PastorChurch of the Open Door
- Elyria, Ohio
- October 13
West Park Baptist Church
At West Park, it is not our desire to practice a religion, but to love God, love people, and impact this world for Jesus Christ. This is the central focus of all that we desire to do for others through the various ministries of our church. Through our dynamic worship ministry, biblical preaching and Bible Fellowships, we desire to encourage and equip people of all ages to be fully committed to Christ and share their abundant life with others. More...