Director of Children’s Ministry
Classification: Full time - Salaried
General requirements for all Community Church staff:
- Active personal discipleship of Jesus including winsome modeling of Christian life and family relationships and a clear biblical world-view.
- Warm evangelical theology and comfortable serving in an Evangelical Presbyterian Church under an elder board which includes both men and women.
- Teachable/ Cooperative/ Team Player/ Respectful Spirit.
- Commitment to active participation in biblical body-life in the local church; also actively encouraging all volunteers and ministry participants to engage in church life.
- Committed to helping individuals mature spiritually through the use of their God given gifts to serve in ministry.
- Committed to Confidentiality.
- Contagious passion for reaching those without Christ, close by and around the world.
- Personal initiative and motivation, with the ability to recruit, train, and develop volunteers in ministry; identify and respond to issues with grace.
- Ability to set and reach goals and objectives, and organize ministries to reach objectives.
- Committed to excellence and hard work.
Primary Function: To provide strategic leadership over the children’s ministry of Community Church. Uphold and promote the kidLife Mission Statement: “Creating a loving, fun, and safe place where kids can learn about Jesus.” Coordinate ministry and events to support the belief that the best way to disciple children is a partnership between parents and the Christian community.
- Lead a Sunday Morning Children’s Ministry that seeks to be the best hour of a child’s week. (Currently our Children’s Ministry impacts over 200 children each Sunday from birth to sixth grade and includes approximately 150 volunteers.)
- Oversee a recruitment plan with Children’s Ministry staff to recruit, empower, and equip volunteers connecting them in children’s ministry according to their gifting, passions, and personality.
- Provide creative team leadership over large group programming for multiple age groups that is dynamic, interactive, and biblically focused.
- Equip volunteers to disciple and encourage children through Sunday morning small groups that help participants discover how they can apply the message of the morning.
- Select and administrate curriculum for Sunday morning children’s ministry.
- Maintain a safe environment for children to grow and learn about Christ; including, but not limited to, automated child check-in systems and coordinating with Crisis Response Team to provide secure children’s area hallways.
- Develop resources for parents to engage their children spiritually that connects with Sunday morning children’s programming.
- Develop occasional events with family ministry in mind.
- Head the leadership team to develop, plan, and execute Vacation Bible School (VBS). VBS is an annual all church children’s event that is an outreach to the children and parents of our community and a discipleship tool for Community Church children. We seek to make this the best week of a child’s year. (It has involved up to 750 children and over 450 volunteers and is a huge momentum builder for the church.)
- Work with Children’s Ministry staff to provide annual Children’s Ministry training event for Community Church volunteers.
- Supervise Children’s ministry staff by providing vision, direction, encouragement, and evaluation.
- Provide for staff training and development.
- Schedule and facilitate leadership meetings with staff and key leaders/volunteers.
- Provide leadership over other occasional children’s ministry events throughout the year; including, but not limited to, Family Christmas Eve Service.
- Attend Community Church staff meetings as required.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by Lead or Associate Pastor.
The Director is accountable first to God, the congregation and the Elders through the Associate Pastor and will receive an annual performance review. In the absence of Associate Pastor, the Director of Children’s Ministry is accountable to the Lead Pastor. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Executive Team, Elder Board, and the Board of Trustees.
- Passion for helping children discover the love of Christ in their lives
- Passion for creating a “wow” experience for children that involves environment, programming, and relationships
- Experience in children’s ministry in a larger church setting
- Excellent people management skills both with paid and volunteer staff
- Ability to work in a team-based model of ministry and willingness to see how they fit into the bigger picture
- Undergraduate degree
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit in developing ministry
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Children's MinistryDesert Vineyard Church
- Lancaster, California
- October 27
Children's Pastor / DirectorGrace World Outreach Church
- Brooksville, Florida
- October 27
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- October 27