JOB POSTING ON CHURCH STAFFING.COM JULY 25, 2013
Jersey Baptist Church is seeking a God focused, gifted, highly qualified, enthusiastic, energetic individual interested in leading a very modern style worship experience at one of the largest Southern Baptist churches in Central Ohio. Our mission statement
is "Caring for People and Connecting Them to Jesus Christ". Successful candidates will be those who have a heart for sharing the Gospel, are willing to build relationships with those they lead in worship, see worship (corporate and private/individual) as
an opportunity to directly connect to God, provide inovation and creativity in the worship experience and work well in a team environment.
This is a part time position requiring 20+/- hours per week. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to leading worship on Sunday mornings, rehearsing the worship band and singers, coordinating worship support volunteers, and working with the
worship staff at Jersey Baptist Church.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Biblical foundation and knowledge
- Related job experience in planning and leading music in worship ministry.
- Knowledge of rock/contemporary music and worship practices.
- Ability to read and arrange music, perform on a major instrument and lead a worship team / band.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Worship Pastor / MInister of Music
Works Directly With
Worship Pastor / Minister of Music
The Modern Worship Band / Worship Team
The Modern Worship Spiritual Leader
The Modern Worship Support Staff/Volunteers
Jersey Baptist Church Worship Planning Team
Duties and Responsibilities
Modern Worship Specific
- Promote, encourage and lead in true worship of God through instruction and example.
- Plan and execute the Sunday morning venue worship service in consort with the vision of the Senior Pastor and in partnership with the Modern Worship Spiritual Leader.
- Work with the Modern Worship Spiritual Leader to create a dynamic worship experience.
- Schedule and facilitate weekly rehearsals with the Modern Worship Band and with any other individuals who may be participants in the Modern Worship experience.
- Recruit, schedule and provide support for all Modern Worship elements; including but not limited to the Modern Worship Band, Modern Support Staff, Modern Ushers / Greeters.
- Provide an order of worship to the Minister of Music, Senior Pastor and the Jersey Baptist Church Worship Planning Team in advance of every Sunday morning worship service (usually on or before Wednesday evening).
- Create and prepare additional musical and visual elements for the Modern Worship experience as appropriate.
- Work in consort with the Minister of Music and the Modern Worship Spiritual Leader in preparation, presentation and maintenance of the budget for the Music and Worship Ministry, Modern Worship Venue.
- Other duties as assigned by the Minister of Music.
- Conservative theological views
- Completion of the Jersey Baptist Church Theological Position Questionnaire
- In complete agreement with Baptist Faith and Message
- Alignment with Jersey Baptist Church vision
- Caring for People and Connecting Them to Jesus Christ
- Member of Jersey Baptist Church upon confirmation of hire
- Signed Jersey Baptist Church Ministry Staff Commitment Statement
A complete job description and additional information may be secured by contacting Mark Hutsko, Worship Pastor, Jersey Baptist Church: email@example.com. Please feel free to check out our web site: www.jerseychurch.org.