Cedar Hills Community Church is a vibrant congregation of caring followers of Jesus. We seek Pastoral support to help us extend caring to all those who have a special
General Job Summary:
The Pastor of Care and Visitation is responsible to oversee the care ministries of Cedar Hills as they relate to special needs in our congregation and community. This person will offer encouragement through prayer, pastoral care and support.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Serve on the Stephen Ministry Leadership Team.
- Provide care to individuals facing a death, illness, hospitalization or other crisis.
- Recruit and train a Care Team to provide follow-up care to sick, grieving or inactive individuals.
- Coordinate funerals, offer care and follow-up to grieving members and families.
- Work with the Elders to provide Communion to shut-ins.
- Track existing members of the Church body who have been absent or hurting.
- Exhibit a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Biblical principles.
- Represent the church in a positive manner.
- Work efficiently and effectively in team situation but also work independently.
- Convey a genuine concern and a desire to provide exceptional care.
- Creativity, flexibility, responsiveness and detail oriented with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and motivate others.
- Encourage personal spiritual growth.