This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Cornerstone Family Ministries
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/28/2008
Categories: Para-church Ministries
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Cornerstone Family Ministries Director
Job Description Abstract
1. Title – Director - Cornerstone Family Ministries. Located at 9560 Long Point, Houston, TX 77055
2. Job Summary
Assume primary leadership of Cornerstone Family Ministries youth outreach ministry. Develop and expand this neighborhood-based outreach and discipling program that targets disadvantaged youths and their families in the Spring Branch area. Provide primary oversight of weeknight recreation, Bible instruction and tutoring programs. Position involves working with area churches and charity organizations to recruit and train additional volunteers. This full-time position will report to the Board of Cornerstone Family Ministries.
• Mature doctrinally sound believer with genuine heart for gospel outreach and discipling young people
• Must be in full agreement with the Cornerstone Family Ministries Statement of Faith
• Able to teach and to effectively & creatively present the Gospel
• Able to effectively recruit & lovingly lead a group of Christian volunteers with a wide spectrum of age & spiritual maturity.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college. An emphasis in church leadership and ministry is preferred.
• Able and motivated to do contact ministry and visit homes of neighborhood youths and their families at the times of day they are available. Prefer previous experience in neighborhood outreach ministry to the economically disadvantaged
• Must be a disciplined and well organized self-starter, requiring little or no direct supervision
• Able to assume leadership but eager to seek counsel from the Board and build consensus
• The ideal candidate would be a young, adult male who is bi-lingual in Spanish and English. Preferably married with a spouse who fully shares the vision for CFM and accepts the requirements of the position.
? Refine the overall ministry vision and plan
? Conduct evangelism ministry through contact work and lifestyle evangelism with youths and families
? Initiate a systematic neighborhood visitation program to both residents and apartment complex managers
? Present the ministry to potential volunteers from other suitable churches with a focus toward attracting
spiritually mature young adults
? In collaboraton with volunteers, provide overall coordination of the Thursday evening program, including
recreational activities, teacher support and content of teaching times
? Promote the summer camp ministry and coordinate logistics including camp scholarships
? Plan or assist volunteer leaders in planning and implementing special activities such as weekend retreats
? Prepare brief monthly reports for the Board (attendance, home visits, ministry highlights, etc.)
? Prepare annual ministry budgets in conjunction with the Board
? Maintain flexible working hours, recognizing that ministry may be heavily concentrated in the evening or on weekends.
i) Basic package to include base salary plus housing allowance
ii) Benefits to include car allowance, health insurance (if not covered already) and continuing education allowance (comment: i & ii are to be determined before the start of every fiscal year)
iii) Vacation (based on Calendar year)
First 5 Years: 2 weeks / year (1st year vacation prorated based on starting date)
After 5th Anniversary: 3 weeks/year
After 10th Anniversary: 4 weeks/year
iv) Holidays (10 days per year: New Year’s, MLK Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & the following Friday, Chistmas and one floating day with X-Mas)
6. Main Contact (for submitting resume)
Sibok Kim (Chair, the Board of Cornerstone Family Ministries)
818 Chowning Rd., Houston, TX 77024
(cell) 713-306-9419 (home) 713-984-8857