Pastor of Student and Family Ministries
To Build a healthy Student Ministry that is Kingdom focused with special attention given toward families.
To help the church fulfill its mission of seeing Every Man, Woman, and Child Embrace and Extend God’s Grace to their world.
Oversight of youth and family ministry to include:
Jr. High (grades 6- 8)
Sr. High (grades 9 – 12)
Families of 6th-12th grade (Primary focus)
Build a youth and family ministry using a
6G model, to include:
Helping students understand and embrace the Grace of Christ by recognizing
that salvation is by God’s Grace only. The candidate will develop an outreach strategy for reaching students for Christ and helping them to become like Him.
The candidate will help families learn to embrace and extend grace together.
To disciple and provide an environment for students to grow and follow Christ.
To develop both a Sunday School and a Small Group Program to help students come to understand how to be like Jesus.
To ensure seminars and other environments are created for families to grow together.
To develop an atmosphere for students where they can learn and practice living the Christian Life together by building healthy friendships and strengthening their walk with Christ.
Appropriately sized student and family groups should be the foundation for this process.
Teaching students the value of serving both others and Christ by helping them to discover their spiritual gifting and finding ways for them to minister to others by developing ministry teams for them.
To ensure families know and understand how to use the gifts that are present in their
families for Kingdom Advancement.
Encouraging students to be generous with time, their gifts, their money and teaching them the importance of giving God control of all
their resources. To ensure families have opportunities to practice generosity together.
6. Great Commission Lifestyle.
Showing students through God’s word the importance of being
about God’s work in the world. To provide practical opportunities for students and families to extend grace.
- Leading, developing, training and recruiting of adult volunteers.
- Working with families to keep them informed and help them grow as Godly families following Christ.
- Support youth ministries outside of Whipple Heights Church when possible.
- Serve as an encourager, mentor and resource for other youth ministries in the area.
- Plan retreats, camps and mission trips focused on both students and families.
- Oversee the volunteer youth staff at Whipple Heights Church by leading, training and encouraging them.
- Develop the Senior High and Jr. High mid-week service as a relevant place for students to meet Christ.
- Plan and execute Sunday School for both Jr. and Sr. High.
- Facilitate a small group program for both student and families.
- Continue to develop spiritually and grow in Christ.
11.Work under the direction and authority of the Senior Pastor and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned to accomplish the overall purpose of WH Church.
12.Partner with and help develop the 1st-6th grade students.
Master of Divinity (seminary graduate) or equivalent theological higher education.
Undergraduate Degree required.
Minimum three years of proven leadership. Capable of being Licensed/Ordained (Preferred).
1. The position is a full time position.
2. Insurance for pastor and family will be offered.
3. Mileage reimbursements and Budgets given for ministry.
4. 403b matching program offered.
5. Salary comensurate with experience/education.
Feel free to contact the church office directly at: Twilliams@whcma.org