This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Group Development
Pleasant Valley Baptist church
Liberty, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 12/24/2008
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of Group Development & Connection
Classification: Full time/Exempt
Department: Adult Ministry
Reports to: Associate Pastor of Adult Ministry
Effective Date: January 15, 2009
Pleasant Valley Baptist Church is seeking an engaging, catalytic leader to oversee our small group ministry directed toward young adults and singles, as well as provide coordination of all efforts aimed at connecting members & regular attendees into group life.
Education, Skills, Abilities, Spiritual Gifts:
• Strong evidence of a Christ-centered life.
• A clear calling to vocational ministry, with a passion for small groups.
• A shepherding spirit.
• Good public communication skills.
• A heart to equip people to do the work of the ministry.
• An ability to develop leaders to reach their redemptive potential.
• Desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to manage several projects at once in a dynamic, changing ministry environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Spiritual gifts of leadership, administration, and exhortation, preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree required; relevant master’s or Seminary degree preferred.
• A minimum of 2 - 3 years of ministry experience with small groups, preferably on a church staff.
Competencies and Expectations:
• Embrace and embody the purpose and vision of PVBC
• Be reliable, take initiative, and be self motivated
• Thrives in environments of growth, change, innovation and creativity
• Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, & confidentiality
• Possesses a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors and co-workers.
Ministry Description – Essential Functions
• Responsibility for oversight of all Community Groups related to Young Adults (20’s - unmarried & newly married) and Singles (30’s +); including recruiting, training, and ongoing leader development.
• Development and coordination of Group Connection events to assimilate PVer’s into Community Groups at both campuses.
• Train, and administrate weekend Next Step Teams that assist PVer’s in connecting to appropriate & beneficial group life environments.
• Management and oversight of curriculum resources for all PV Community Group Leaders, including printed curriculum guides and development of a curriculum website.
• Work closely with the Associate Pastor of Adult Ministry to determine strategic initiatives for all of Adult ministry and Group Life.
• Partner with key volunteer leaders for the implementation of a ‘Connection’ process at our new regional campus.
• Reports to the Associate Pastor of Adult Ministry
• Works with all members of Adult ministry staff
• Works with other peer staff members in other ministry areas to foster cooperation and awareness of Adult Community Groups.