The Crossing Church
Director of Children’s Ministries
Scope of Position:
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to all children including their families’ birth through fifth grade. This ministry serves in partnership with parents and families ensuring the next generation is taught and encouraged to become fully devoted
disciples of Christ.
1. Guide in establishing vision and goals for children’s ministry.
2. Plan, promote, and guide the Christian education programs.
3. Build and invest in a growing team of volunteers through invitation, training, development, discipleship, and empowerment.
4. Develop and plan programs for a safe fun and relational environment, Biblically based, to lead them to the love and worship of God.
5. Partner with other ministry advocates in surrounding communities to build and broaden kingdom impact among children.
7. Provide pastoral care and support to children and their parents,
8. Provide and maintain a calendar of activities for children.
1. Attend weekly staff meetings as requested
2. Work with other staff in planning activities that will involve the children and families.
3. Prepare a yearly budget for childhood ministry.
4. Comply with the Church Policies and make certain all volunteer workers in their areas of responsibility comply with these policies.
Desired Gifts, Skills & Passions:
1. A love for the Lord, the display of a consistent Godly walk, and a passion for children.
2. A specific commitment to The Crossing Church body and other leaders
3. Gifts, abilities/credentials that qualify him/her for this area of ministry .
Job Status: Part-time
Report to: Senior Pastor
Worship Style: Contemporary