Ministry Job Description:
1. Working with the pastoral staff in long-range and short-range planning of worship services.
2. Working with the pastoral staff to develop strategies for the development of a deeper understanding of and experience with true worship in both the Traditional and Contemporary Worship Services.
3. Sensitively leading participants in the Traditional Services into worship.
4. Leading the Contemporary Worship Services, or being responsible to have a leader available (i.e. a member of the Worship Team).
5. Recruiting the needing singers and instrumentalists for the Worship Teams and Praise Band.
6. Consistently rehearsing the Worship Teams and Praise Band on a weekly basis.
7. Scheduling and communicating with the Worship Teams and other musicians dates and times that they will be leading worship.
8. If possible, playing one of the musical instruments for the Praise Band (i.e. piano, keyboards, lead or rhythm guitar, bass, or drums and percussion).
9. Recruiting the needed singers for the Emmaus Choir.
10. Scheduling and communicating with the Emmaus Choir dates and times that they will be sharing in Worship Services or other performances.
11. Coordinating and communicating the Emmaus Choir and the Children’s Choirs singing schedule with the Pastoral and Office Staff.
12. Scheduling and working with all soloists and musicians when they minister in worship services.
13. Developing and managing an annual worship and music budget that takes in the needs and vision of all the Celebration Ministries consistent with Emmaus spending policies.
14. Maintaining and updating all music libraries and supervision of text projection for worship.
15. Working on major productions (i.e. Christmas and Easter, Concerts and Guest Artists, Tours, etc.) as a means of outreach and evangelism.
16. Discipling and overseeing the Technical Crew, either through hands on scheduling and training, or by acting as supervisor to the Head Technician.
17. Discipling and overseeing the ministry of the Children’s Choirs by acting as supervisor to the Director of Children’s Music.
18. Discipling and overseeing the ministry of the organists and accompanists.
19. Evaluating and continuing to develop a vision for the future of the Celebration Ministries.