We’re looking for just the right “A” player to fill a key pastoral position here at The Journey Church – Boca Raton
We’re looking for a Families/Assimilation Pastor to join our team – Don’t apply unless you love reaching unchurched families and Nelson Searcy’s book “Fusion” and “Connect”!
However, if you’re passionate about reaching families, helping first time guests become fully- engaged members, and willing to devote yourself to “giving the people of South Florida the best opportunity to become fully developing followers of Jesus,” you may be just the right fit!
Here’s the official position description:
Pastor of Families and Assimilation @ The Journey Church in Boca Raton:
The Journey is a contemporary 11-year old church with campuses in New York City, Queens, NY and Boca Raton, FL. The position of full-time Families and Assimilation Pastor is currently available at our newest location in Boca Raton.
The Journey – Boca Raton began weekly services in February 2011, and since then has seen nearly 150 people baptized and averages 300 people in attendance each week.
The Families and Assimilation Pastor position is full-time and reports directly to Lead Pastor Nelson Searcy, while working in harmony with the other pastors of the Boca Raton staff.
This pastor position would give leadership to our growing family ministry (Journey Kidz and Students), our Assimilation system, and serve as a teaching pastor and member of the executive leadership team.
Salary and benefits are competitive and the position is available immediately (although we’re patient in order to find the right person).
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a great and growing team in a beautiful, although highly unchurched, part of the country.
So, are you called to serve in South Florida?
Are you passionate about helping first time guests take steps in their faith, become regular attendees, make a decision to follow Christ and become fully-engaged members in the church?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy Children’s ministry of 100 kids, and starting a student ministry for 6th-12th Grade?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ‘serving as part of discipleship’ and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s Assimilation System.
- Hands-on direction for our Sunday Journey Kidz Ministry, as well as starting a new Student Ministry, and investing in families at The Journey.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate.
- Organizational and administrative skills are an absolute must.
- The ability to teach and contribute to The Journey’s teaching team is a plus as well as the ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Must be extremely hard-working and have had leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to serve as a supporting pastor
- The ability to manage a large and growing Family Ministry and Assimilation system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- Experience in a large/growing church
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Comfortable in a non-Charismatic worship environment
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a bonus
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the books “Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church” and “Connect: How to Double Your Number of Volunteers” by Nelson Searcy?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to South Florida?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, but contacting the church in other ways shows that you can’t follow instructions and thus you won’t be considered – ha (but true!).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Family PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 20
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
The Journey Church
Lead Pastor Jason Hatley and his wife Karen moved to Boca Raton in the summer of 2010 to start The Journey Church.
Jason served as a pastor of The Journey Church in Manhattan for nearly a decade prior to feeling called to start The Journey’s newest location here in South Florida.
In September 2010, The Journey held its first monthly service with 169 people in attendance. The Journey met monthly through February 2011, growing steadily, serving the community and sharing Christ with the people More...