This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Evangelical Free Church
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 12/23/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Faith Evangelical Free Church of Manhattan comprises a community of believers who have a deep and growing commitment to experience God through a lifestyle of worship and to help others do the same. We are located in Northeastern Kansas, approximately two hours west of Kansas City. Our congregation draws from the growing Manhattan community, Kansas State University and nearby Ft. Riley. Sunday morning services currently include three identical contemporary services with combined attendance around 425.
A Worship Pastor will provide oversight, planning and leadership of the Sunday morning worship services and all other corporate worship events in coordination with the pastoral staff. Additionally, he will supervise and oversee the equipping of the current volunteer worship leaders, musicians, and technology team. As such, we are seeking a person who has a deep and abiding passion for God, who loves leading people into worship and who desires to further the Kingdom of God through rich worship experiences.
Scope of Ministry:
• Seek God for His direction and guidance for worship by this particular congregation.
• Lead worship during Sunday morning services and during other corporate worship events.
• Provide direct supervision of musicians and others who lead worship in various settings.
• Provide oversight for video, sound and lighting used in worship.
• Communicate biblical truths on worship to the congregation, with the goal of developing within us a deeper heart for a lifestyle of worship.
• Explore opportunities for additional use of the creative arts in worship at FEFC.
• Collaborate with pastoral staff and leadership regarding themes and direction of worship as a coordinated approach to congregational worship.
• Support the leadership of FEFC, whole-heartedly endorsing its doctrinal and vision statements.
• Be actively involved in the life of FEFC.
• Be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor, and ultimately to the Elders.
• Be a mature follower of Christ exhibiting the qualities for deacon listed in 1 Timothy 3.
• Have a passion for worship and ministry within the local church.
• Have demonstrated ability and expertise in leading worship through music.
• Have an appreciation for the arts and how creative activities can lead to richer experiences with God in worship.
• Have the ability to develop healthy, encouraging relationships with church members and newcomers.
• Possess excellent communication skills.
• Be able to function well on a team, exhibiting the qualities of humility, flexibility, and graciousness.
• Possess appropriate administrative skills to manage suitable organizational structure.
• Have theological maturity and depth, preferably with formal theological training or intensive mentoring and/or experience in ministry.
• Have broad musical depth and aptitude, preferably formal training or equivalent experience, which will aid in providing a wide range of musical approaches to worship.
• Be willing to become credentialed in the Evangelical Free Church of America.
As a church we will:
• Pray for and support both our Worship Pastor and his family as well as encourage him in living a healthy life spiritually, emotionally and physically.
• Allow our Worship Pastor the freedom to cultivate the creative gifts that God has given him.
• Provide the time and support needed to pray and prepare for leading worship.
• Supply our Worship Pastor with the resources needed for his ministry to flourish.