Modesto Covenant Church seeks to find a Worship Arts Pastor to fulfill the commitments and responsibilities below in a full-time capacity.
- To Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord,
- To the Word of God as the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct,
- To the church as a body of Christ, and
- To the Evangelical Covenant Church, its fellowship and its affirmations
Credentials and Experience
- Record of effective leadership in worship ministry,
- Academic training, with the minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Biblical and theological training
- Credentialed pastor within the Evangelical Covenant Church, or willing to pursue Covenant credentialing
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and lead worship services
- Plan services with input and support of the Lead Pastor and the Worship Arts Planning Team.
- Select the music for and determine the order of worship services.
- Coordinate service details with the worship arts assistants, including sound and video teams, aesthetics, musicians, vocal teams, and any other logistic support.
- Effectively lead congregational worship.
- Lead music occasionally at other church functions. For example, coordinate music for memorial services as requested.
2. Recruiting, Training, and Supporting Leaders
- Recruit instrumentalists, vocalists, sound techs, video techs as necessary.
- Train musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists).
- Train sound and video techs.
3. Develop Vocal Groups, Instrumental Groups, and Artistic Presentation
- Provide direction for all vocal and instrumental groups (band, vocal teams, adult choir, children’s choirs, brass and string accompaniment, bell choir)
- Oversee artistic presentation (aesthetics, drama, etc.)
- Speak the language of our culture in worship services.
- Design outreach intensive Sunday mornings, such as Easter and the Sundays in Christmas season.
5. Administration of Worship Arts Ministry
- Oversee and monitor expenditures from the worship arts budget.
- Coordinate publicity for Christmas, Easter, and other specal productions.
6. Pastoral Care and Discipleship
- Disciple musicians and worship arts team.
- Provide pastoral care and support to musicians.
7. Organizational Responsibilities
- Meet with the Lead Pastor weekly.
- Be an active member of the pastoral staff team in staff meetings and staff retreats.
- Lead the monthly Worship Arts Planning Meetings.
- Lead weekly rehearsals with musicians.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
8. Personal and Professional Development
- Cultivate a growing relationship with God.
- Maintain healthy and growing relationships with family and friends.
- Strive in word and deed to be an example of Christian living.
- Attend relevant pastor conferences.
- Regularly meet with someone outside of MCC for spiritual support and accountability.
9. Ministry Development: As led by the Holy Spirit and in consultation with the Lead Pastor and church leadership, implement new ministry opportunities that contribute to mission and core values of Modesto Covenant Church. These new ministries
might include Marriage/Family Ministry, Recovery Ministry, Outreach Ministry, or another aspect of adult ministries within the church.
Persons interested in being considered for this position:
- Email resume to Mark Krieger, Lead Pastor at Modesto Covenant Church –email@example.com
- Also, in your email please include a link to an online video clip of you leading worship (upload to YouTube, Vimeo, or other online site and email the link)
Modesto is located in the Central Valley of California with a population of 210,000. While having many attactions of a larger city, Modesto maintains a small town feel. Modesto is centrally located within a two-hour drive of the ocean and mountains, including
Yosemite National Park. Modesto is also in the heart of one of the nation’s greatest agriculral areas, with dairy products, nuts, fruits, wine grapes, poultry products, and other commodities.
Modesto Covenant Church is a 55-year old church with an average Sunday morning worship attendance of 550. Currently there are two identical, multigenerational worship services on Sunday morning at 8:30 and 11:00 AM. The worship services are led each week
by a band and vocal teams. Other worship expressions throughout the year have also included an adult choir, brass and strings accompaniment, and a bell choir.
The worship ministry of our church is of vital importance. Our Sunday worship reflects our core values of mission, Christ, and community. We gather to grow as disciples of Christ and love one another in community. Mission is lived out in our worship as
we welcome people into our community, experience the grace and love of God, and then are sent out into mission together.
The music in our worship services seeks to reach across generations while leaning young. Through band-led music we recognize the need to reach the younger generation and those outside the church. As a multigenerational church we also want to give a worship
voice to our older congregation members, so we include at least one band-led hymn arrangement or other more traditional worship element.
We also recognize that the expressions of Christian worship continue to change over time. While being led by the Holy Spirit and the truth of God’s Word, we continue to seek God’s direction as he leads our congregation in corporate worship.