CHILDREN’S PASTOR – JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary purpose of the Children's pastor is to cast vision for the spiritual development of the children of SGT as well as providing and implementing ministry expressions and programs for the children of SGT to grow strong in the Lord.
The primary purpose finds broad expression as the Children's pastor provides pastoral care and direction for implementing effective ministry environments for each age group from infants to the 5th grade. The Children's pastor will also develop a ministry
team of lay leadership to serve within the children's ministry as well as providing specific and ongoing training for these volunteers.
The Children's pastor will possess the following characteristics, skills, achievements, and spiritual gifts:
1. A thriving relationship with Jesus Christ, deep reliance on the Holy Spirit's empowerment and a passion for the Word of God and prayer.
2. A passion to see children grow and mature in their relationship with Jesus Christ as well as cultivating in them a desire to pray and be involved in evangelism and missions.
3. Overall expertise in the area of Children's ministry.
4. Spiritual gifts of pastoral leadership, creativity, communication, administration, service, encouragement, teaching, and preaching.
5. Licensed and ordained as a credentialed Minister through a Pentecostal fellowship or denomination.
6. The substantial equivalent of at least two years of pastoral and/or leadership experience in Children's ministry.
7. College degree as well as formal biblical training.
8. Verbal and written communication skills.
9. Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft office.
10. A proven track record of healthy interpersonal relationships and loyalty to leadership.
1. The Children's pastor will provide pastoral care and fruitful spiritual discipleship of the SGT children as well as creating evangelistic outreaches reaching out to the children in the local community and throughout Long Island.
2. The Children's pastor will develop and implement specific and ongoing training of the volunteers within the children's ministry so they will function effectively as helpers, assistants, coordinators, teachers, heads of ministry, etc.
3. The Children's pastor will establish and organize effective communication with the parents of the children participating in the SGT children's ministries.
The following Children's ministries will be overseen, developed, evaluated and refined by the Children's pastor:
KIDZ FOR CHRIST
KIDZ IN MISSIONS
CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL PROGRAM
MIDDLERS & PRETEENS
RAINBOWS, MISSIONETTES & ROYAL RANGERS
SUMMER MINISTRIES – Vacation Bible Camp, Children’s Missions Camp and Children’s Mission Outreach.
NURSERY/ LITTLE PRAIZERS
SPECIAL EVENTS – Children’s Christmas Program, Children’s Missions Convention, Fall Fun Fest and Children’s Easter Program.
A full-time Children's ministry assistant will be provided to help the Children's pastor with all the logistical and scheduling responsibilities within the ministry.
1. The Children’s Pastor will be accountable to the Senior Pastor.
2. He will be given direct supervision and assistance in ministry development by the Executive Pastor.
3. He will be accountable for all of the ministries in his portfolio, and he will serve as the primary equipper for all ministry leaders that he oversees as listed above.
4. He will provide the primary pastoral covering and care for all workers in the ministries that he oversees.
5. He will connect regularly with the elder assigned to the Children’s Ministry for relationship-building, prayer, and mutual accountability.
6. He will work collaboratively with the other associate pastors as part of the pastoral team, participating in ministerial responsibilities, i.e. weddings, funerals, hospital visitations, and pastoral counseling.
The Children’s Pastor is a full-time, salaried position. A commitment of at least two full years is expected.