This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part-Time - Worship Pastor - Multi-site Setting
The Journey Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 08/26/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Are you called to serve in New York City?
Then perhaps God is calling you to work with Lead Pastor, Nelson Searcy, and Worship Arts Pastor, Jason Hatley, on-staff at The Journey Church in Manhattan (www.JourneyMetro.com)
Find out if you’re an ideal candidate by answering these question for yourself:
Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, and leading a proven music and worship planning system? Can you help lead and grow a Journey location from in a multi-site setting part-time?
Are you interested in building a vibrant team in one of our locations, as well as expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 75 musicians and singers to a structure of over 150 volunteers?
Can you provide leadership support at one of our multi-site locations, as well as join with our worship arts staff to lead worship at a very high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, to be a vital part to growing one of our locations, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in New York City?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in NYC.
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- Willingness to live in the area of your location
- The ability to manage a large and growing Music Team System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A team player
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary / rock context
- Ability to lead worship while playing guitar necessary
- Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts a must
- Bachelor or Masters Degree or 'ministry experience' equivalent in music and worship leading
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for worship and the arts
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must love evangelism! Big fans of John Piper need not apply.
- Ready to work hard to see a location grow and build exceptional teams
- Willing to do whatever it takes!
If you are confident that you fit the bill, we want to talk to you! Send your resume along with links to video and audio samples of you leading worship to:
**Resume’s must be accompanied by links to audio and/or video samples of you leading or performing.**
NOTE :: DO NOT REPLY TO CHURCH STAFFING EMAIL ADDRESS
SEND ALL MATERIALS TO THIS ADDRESS ==> STAFFING@JOURNEYMETRO.COM