Eagle Brook Church Pastors develop and care for people by providing spiritual direction, prayer, encouragement, and next steps for growth. The Elementary Pastor serves as the pastor for the Elementary kids ministry at the campus by executing programming,
recruiting, and developing volunteers to connect and build relationships with the kids and their families.
The Elementary Pastor is responsible for pastoral care, developing people, and executing Elementary ministry strategies at designated campus.
Work Schedule: Generally Monday – Wednesday at Centerville office and Saturday/Sunday worship services at the campus, plus some evenings for meetings. Need to be able to meet when volunteers are available.
Reports To: Campus Ministry Director
Team: Campus Ministry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: BS/BA degree required; preferably in elementary education and/or children’s ministry
- 2+ years of experience in building, leading, equipping & motivating teams of people
- 2+ years of experience in elementary ministry or education
- Have an understanding of a child’s emotional, physical and spiritual development
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to elementary children and their families
- Recruiting, motivating and equipping volunteer leaders
- Communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
- Leading and coordinating ministry initiatives
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to multi-task
- Problem solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Operate in a team environment, often working cross functionally with other teams
- Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
Overview of Job Duties (this is a working list and may be adjusted at any time by your supervisor):
- Responsible for executing the Elementary Ministry plans as provided by central team. Provide input to central team on effectiveness of ministry plans and suggestions for enhancements for future programs.
- Execute ministry through Volunteer Tier structure by equipping and empowering volunteers.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and developing volunteers to teach and lead weekly program.
- Recruit, train, develop and empower volunteers to be small group leaders so they are prepared to disciple kids and to model a vibrant, authentic personal relationship with Jesus.
- Recruit and develop high level volunteers (Directors and Coaches) and build accountability for spiritual and personal development of those volunteers.
- Contribute to a dynamic staff team (campus and central) with shared vision and ministry goals.
- Provide pastoral care and direction for elementary kids and their parents.
- Perform other care functions including pastoral visits, weddings and funerals as needed.
To be considered for this position please apply directly through our website at http://eaglebrookchurch.com/about-us/careers/