Miramar Campus Kids Life Director/Leadership Development
San Diego, Ca
Existence Church is a growing community of 500 plus people located in beautiful San Diego, CA. Existence is dedicated to living out the vision of being an inclusive missional community.
Kids Life, the children’s ministry of Existence Church, provides care, curriculum, and learning opportunities for kids ages infant to 5th grade. During Sunday services, ministry is executed by volunteers and led by the Kids Life Campus Director/Pastor.
We are looking for a part-time Campus Director/Pastor that can communicate a clear vision for the ministry with families in the church, people in the community and volunteers. Additionally, this position will be responsible for leadership development of
Kids Life volunteers. They will report to the lead pastors and work directly with our Family Ministries Director and North County campus Kids Life Director. Position will begin part-time, with the potential to become full-time down the road.
- Work in conjunction with North County Kids Life Director and volunteers to edit and prepare lesson plans for Sunday service.
- Recruit new volunteers and provide thorough orientation and training.
- Manage Miramar Campus Kids Life volunteer schedule for child check-in and classrooms.
- Oversee Sunday morning logistics for Nursery, Toddler Room, Preschool Room, K-5th Grade Room, and check-in system at Miramar Campus.
- Create and maintain an awareness of Kids Life within the congregation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with kids and families who attend Existence Church.
- Create and carryout a strategy for leadership development of Kids Life volunteers.
- Assist with coordinating childcare and activities for church-wide events.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Kids Life events.
- Work with Family Ministries Director to equip families with resources to help parents connect with their children and bring the Sunday experience into their homes throughout the week. The ultimate responsibility of a child’s spiritual development is the
parent’s, however we aspire to create opportunities to equip and train parents whenever possible.
- Work with Family Ministries Director to develop a campus specific strategy to reach the local community and meet family needs.
- A calling to be in ministry.
- A passion to lead children’s ministry and reach the local community.
- The desire and ability to inspire others to serve in Kids Life.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail for all administrative tasks and ability to balance multiple projects.
- Recognition that leadership means being able to delegate parts of the ministry.
- Ability to develop and maximize volunteers’ gifts and talents.
- Team player who recognizes that the growth and stability of the Kids Life ministry is vital for a healthy church.
- 10. Experience serving in children’s ministry is preferred.
- 11. Experience managing a budget is preferred.
To learn more about our church’s vision and beliefs, you can visit www.existencechurch.com.
To apply for this position, please email Breanne@existencechurch.com