New Hope Community Church is located just south of Nashville, TN, in Brentwood. As a church of a few hundred, New Hope is preparing for a season of growth and wishes to grow this part-time position into a full-time responsibility. However, the (current)
part-time youth director position is for a leader who is in the beginning stages of their ministry to youth. Although a part-time position, the director will oversee the following aspects of ministry to students in grades 6-12:
- Love for students and a passion to see them come to a personal relationship in Jesus Christ.
- Well grounded in the Word of God.
- Proven ability to work through other people.
- Knowledge and experience with student ministry best practices.
- Ability to create a safe place for students to belong, believe and become followers of Christ.
- Gifted to preach and teach to a variety of different size groups.
- Knowledge and experience with helping students with the current issues that challenge their faith.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Passion for evangelism and discipleship.
- A clear calling to work with students.
- Ability to organize events and youth outings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for guiding and directing adult volunteers who will assist in the youth ministry.
- Develop relationships with students that point them to Christ.
- Establish effective relationships with parents and student leaders.
- Provide direction for students in grades 6-12 in alignment with our church's vision - Connecting the disconnected, Growing the Connected.
- Work with our Children's Pastor to create smooth transitions for students leaving the children's ministry and entering the youth ministry.
- Plan and organize all student ministry programs, including teaching and curriculum, for Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Recruit ministry volunteers who will be in line with the churches vision.
- Plan, organize and conduct special events that encourage students to grow in Christ and invite their friends to become involved.
We understand that this is a part-time position, and although we are well aware that no ministry position is ever truly "part-time", we will be very careful NOT to place full-time expectations on a part-time position.
Please email resume and whatever other info you would like us to have to: firstname.lastname@example.org