This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
RCCG Household of Faith
Arlington, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/17/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Children’s Director
Location: Arlington, Texas
Redeemed Christian Church of God, Household of Faith, Arlington TX, is seeking an experienced full-time person to provide oversight to the entire children’s ministry department. This person would be responsible for building a children’s ministry from ground up and ensuring a smooth operating, safe and effective program. The director will train leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people – laying a foundation that will keep children interested in the things of God and involved in church. He/she must be a born again Christian, who believes in the Trinity (that God the father, son and Holy Spirit are one), and must be a strong believer in the Holy Spirit and in the gifts of the Holy spirit, such as speaking in tongues
1. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry.
2. Minister to children in the context of the family.
3. Ensure programs are effective in developing spiritual disciplines in children
4. Organize training and planning sessions for children’s leader/workers.
5. Recruit church members to effectively disciple children.
6. Screen children’s workers and leaders before placing them in ministry.
7. Create and/or approve all children’s ministries programs.
8. Select appropriate curriculum and activities to achieve goals of children’s ministry
9. Create and manage children’s ministry budget.
10. Work with children’s church leader(s) to plan weekly programs and participate as needed.
11. Be available to counsel and pray with children regarding spiritual matters.
12. Pray for the children and children ministry workers.
13. Stay current with latest changes / advances in children’s ministry
14. Participate in training opportunities as offered.
• Must have a missionary background (Must have gone on missions)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
• Leader / motivator
• At least 2 years experience leading a Children's Ministry of 150+
• At least an Associate Degree in Ministry
• Organization / administration
• Pastor / shepherd
Areas of Responsibility
• Sunday morning programs ages birth – 7th grade, including nursery, Sunday school and Children’s worship time
• Club program, currently Awana
• Summer outreach, currently VBS
• Various events and outreaches as appropriate
Contact: Pastor Georgeann Nicodemus