JOB TITLE: Student Ministry Program Pastor
DEPARTMENT: Family Ministry
REPORT TO: Family Ministry Pastor: Jamey Krasnican
DATE REVISED: July 10, 2013
- Makes great disciple-makers of teens, young adults, parents, guardians and other adults who have a passion and vision of Life in Christ for the Next Generation. Supervises the recruiting equipping, and launching of students and adults into discipling relationships focused on Life in Christ (Enjoying God Together, Being Transformed Together, and Demonstrating the Heart of Jesus Christ Together). Supervises programming and follow-up in Student Ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains parents, guardians and other adults in how to make disciples of students.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to develop training for both students and adults who disciple them.
- Assists with milestone discipleship opportunities for adults to meaningfully invest in discipleship of these students.
- Oversees church-wide discipleship programming for students (Forge, Epic, and Paradox).
- Is discipled by being huddled and disciples Student Ministry leaders by huddling them.
- Participates and facilitates the Student Ministry leadership team and parent committee as they recruit and develop volunteers, and plan and execute discipleship for students and parents.
- Coaches lay ministers to implement the vision, mission, values, core practices, and guiding principles throughout the department (primarily) and the church.
- Communicates vision and direction from Family Ministry Pastor Team to deacons, volunteers, and staff.
- Monitors volunteers for progress toward accomplishment of mission, objectives, and annual goals.
- Meets the biblical qualifications of a deacon as found in 1 Timothy 3.
- Must become (if not one already) an active member of ChangePoint, fully agreeing with and submitting to the ChangePoint Family Convenant.
- Must maintain at least one specific, authentic, same-sex, spiritual partnership relationship.
- Able to recruit, equip and empower lay leaders in group and individual settings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook/Exchange.
- Proficient in the use of web-based social media and video communication venues.
- Capable of planning and executing large events.
- Requires use of FellowshipOne data base.
- Capable of increasing and/or flexing work hours to meet seasonal surge demands as needed.
- Skilled in written and spoken communication.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in ministry, paid or unpaid.
- Provides quarterly reports to Family Pastor
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with the ChangePoint Employee Handbook.
- Participates in Staff and Department Meetings
- Networks with other Family Ministry organizations and leaders.
- Collaborates with area churches as needed.
- Oversees teams in planning and conducting retreats, missions trips and other events.
- This ministry description reflects general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of ChangePoint’s Student Ministry Program Leader. The Student Ministry Program Leader may perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Our community started with a handful of people in 1989 in South Anchorage and our story stretches over 20 years, 1 name change, 5 meeting places, and hundreds of changed lives.
Our story is probably similar to yours. We have experienced joy, pain, victory, defeat, laughter and heartache, but we have found that God is always faithful and there is freedom when we draw near to Him!
We are a community of people discovering what it means to enjoy God together, to be transformed together, and to demonstrate More...