The Family Ministries Pastoral Internship Program of Cypress Meadows Community Church is designed to:
- Train and equip next generation leaders
- Support CMCC ministries with hands on service and leadership
- High School graduate (19+ current enrollment in college preferred)
- Prior ministry experience (paid or volunteer)
- Interest in pursuing ministry as an occupation
- High personal standard of excellence and enthusiasm
- Alignment with the vision and approach of CMCC
- Consistent and predictable availability affording to the opportunity
- Dependable transportation
- Student Ministry
- Student Ministry (w/ an emphasis on Worship)
- Children's Ministry (General)
- Hands-on leadership and ministry experience in an environment that promotes growth and development.
- Weekly one-on-one coaching from seasoned pastors and ministry leaders
- Real-time support and OTJ training in ministry and effective leadership
- Participation in national and regional conferences and training events
- Part-time position with set bi-weekly pay (20+hours/wk)
- Church will cover costs associated with ministry, conferences, and training
Helper vs. Pastoral Intern
The CMCC Pastoral Internship Program is not a glorified opportunity to run copies and purchase duct tape. It’s real experience, in real ministries, building, developing and leading teams. Interns will be given weighty responsibility, productive evaluations,
and an incredible opportunity for development.
Pastoral Interns will be under the direct supervision of the Family Ministries Pastor, to whom they will be accountable for punctuality, completion of assigned projects, reports and achievement of measurable goals, and fulfillment of responsibilities outlined
in their respective Pastoral Intern Job Description.
Solid Lines vs. Dotted Lines
_____________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There will be solid and dotted lines of leadership in terms of the responsibility that will lie with Pastoral Interns. In many ways they will function much like a Student Pastor or Children’s Pastor, however there will be established areas of leadership
that will pass directly to the Family Ministries Pastor. Pastoral Interns will lead volunteer teams under close supervision of, and often times along side the Family Ministries Pastor. Under no circumstance will Pastoral Interns “wing it” but instead, with
the direction and support of the Family Ministries Pastor, will simultaneously learn and lead.
In terms of employment, the Pastoral Internship Program will be an at-will relationship for both the intern and the church. Either party may end participation in the program at any time and for any reason with no consequence. Interns will be evaluated regularly
as employees of CMCC and continuation of the program will be based on satisfactory evaluations.
In order to be considerd, any eligible candidates for the Pastoral Internship Program must complete and submit a CMCC Pastoral Internship Application form:
Should an applicant advance in the selection process, next steps may include but are not limited to:
- Formal interviews with select staff, elders, and ministry team leaders
- Provide any requested items (ex. video sample, references, trial night, etc…)
- Complete and submit of background screening form
- Review and agree to official offer letter including respective job description