Position Summary: To provide excellent food service in the Cafe' and Grille on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and special events.
Ministry Department: Connections
Hours: This is a full-time position with a basic work schedule of Sunday through Thursday and includes Wednesday evening dinners, special events and holiday outreach services, as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership and management of the cafe' and grille by recruiting, equipping, training and scheduling volunteers for food service.
- Plan and execute a menu and affordable dinner special for Wednesday nights at the Grille.
- Ensure excellent and efficient food and beverage service.
- Handle food service requests and communication for these events.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and exciting environment for volunteers and customers.
- Keep signage and advertising up to date.
- Research and provide marketing for products and meals in the cafe' and grille.
- Prepare desserts and food for Sunday and Wednesday sales.
- Keep an inventory of all food and paper products and order or purchase all needed items.
- Manage financials by completing Z reports, handling deposits and fund transfers, manage all paperwork for budgets for income and expenses, and lowering food costs.
- Provide food service for special events.
- Work with department leaders or event coordinators to create menus and time management plans for preparing and serving food at events.
- Follower of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work.
- Faithfully maintain discretion and effectively deal with sensitive and/or confidential information of a written and spoken nature.
- Use independent judgement to determine work priorities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Connect Pastor.
- A loyal staff member by cooperating and following the leadership of the church.
- Follow church policies and procedures by committing to pursue full personal devotion to Jesus Christ by loving Jesus, eliminating ego, living in grace and truth, unconditionally trusting God and selflessly extending compassion. Regularly attend weekend
services, participating in serving opportunities, contributing financially through tithing, and pursuing community.
- Commit to Matthew 18 relational conflict resolution in all relationships.
- Work in coordination with the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the church by helping people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate Degree in Food Service, Business or Management, or graduate of a culinary school.
- 3-5 years of supervisory food service experience required.
- ServSafe certified.
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead teams.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions.
Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position will be carried out primarily in the kitchen and cafe'. There will be times when there are long periods of standing, bending, and lifting moderately heavy items.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. GT church retains the discretion to
add or to change the duties of the position at any time.