Position Summary: To provide excellent food service in the Cafe' and Grille on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and special events.
Ministry Department: Connections
Hours: This is a full-time position with a basic work schedule of Sunday through Thursday and includes Wednesday evening dinners, special events and holiday outreach services, as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership and management of the cafe' and grille by recruiting, equipping, training and scheduling volunteers for food service.
- Plan and execute a menu and affordable dinner special for Wednesday nights at the Grille.
- Ensure excellent and efficient food and beverage service.
- Handle food service requests and communication for these events.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and exciting environment for volunteers and customers.
- Keep signage and advertising up to date.
- Research and provide marketing for products and meals in the cafe' and grille.
- Prepare desserts and food for Sunday and Wednesday sales.
- Keep an inventory of all food and paper products and order or purchase all needed items.
- Manage financials by completing Z reports, handling deposits and fund transfers, manage all paperwork for budgets for income and expenses, and lowering food costs.
- Provide food service for special events.
- Work with department leaders or event coordinators to create menus and time management plans for preparing and serving food at events.
- Follower of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work.
- Faithfully maintain discretion and effectively deal with sensitive and/or confidential information of a written and spoken nature.
- Use independent judgement to determine work priorities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Connect Pastor.
- A loyal staff member by cooperating and following the leadership of the church.
- Follow church policies and procedures by committing to pursue full personal devotion to Jesus Christ by loving Jesus, eliminating ego, living in grace and truth, unconditionally trusting God and selflessly extending compassion. Regularly attend weekend services, participating in serving opportunities, contributing financially through tithing, and pursuing community.
- Commit to Matthew 18 relational conflict resolution in all relationships.
- Work in coordination with the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the church by helping people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Associate Degree in Food Service, Business or Management, or graduate of a culinary school.
- 3-5 years of supervisory food service experience required.
- ServSafe certified.
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead teams.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Timberlake Church - High School PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Redmond, Washington
- October 17
New Vision Baptist Church - Student PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- October 14
Our goal at GT is to make church a powerful and inspiring experience each and every week. We incorporate multi-media, drama and a blend of contemporary music with heartfelt worship to complement the Biblical message of the day. We talk about the issues you face every day and connect God’s wisdom and Word to your life. Our prayer is that our services will help you to grow as a “fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.” More...