Crossroads Church of God
Pastor, Spiritual Formation: Children and Youth
Title: Pastor, Spiritual Formation: Children and Youth
Purpose of Position: To provide vision, leadership, oversight and development of Crossroad Church’s role in the spiritual formation of children, youth and their families.
Type of Position: Professional Ministry Position, Full-Time
Salary Range: Compensation and Benefits package to be determined upon call by church
- To compliment the Crossroads leadership team in its vision to be…a community of sojourners in Christ committed to live by faith, transmit hope and be known by love.
- To envision and create both the environment and the experiences that will allow children and youth to discover and know the expansive love of God.
- To familiarize children, youth and their families with the great Story of God as revealed in scriptures and the written legacy of our church fathers and mothers.
- To help children and youth find and embrace their own story within the great Story of God.
- To embed in the hearts of children and youth a passion to love God with all that they are, and to see, know and love their neighbors (all people) as God loves them.
- To equip children and youth with the eyes, ears, and heart to recognize and willingly participate in the transformative work of God through Christ in their lives and in the world.
- To help children and youth both discern and challenge cultural bias, values, and norms that do not fulfill God’s dream for a redeemed and reconciled world. (i.e. materialism, consumerism, racism, sexism, achievement based identity, violence, nationalism,
- To call, build, train, equip and empower a team of adult leaders who will share in the responsibility of nurturing and enabling our children and youth to become the body of Christ and citizens of God’s Kingdom.
- To occasionally address the wider Crossroads community with teaching/preaching rooted in the intersection of our story with the great Story of God.
Qualities, Skills and Abilities:
Able to embrace Crossroad’s vision and ethos
Able to work collaboratively with the Crossroads leadership team
Values the “contemplative life” as integral to spiritual formation
Values the “missional life” as the product of spiritual formation
Able to call, mentor, equip and empower others to lead and serve within the ministry.
Understands the developmental needs of children and youth
Understands the stages of spiritual development
Strong interpersonal skills
Abundant creativity, passion and energy
Engaging public communicator (teaching/preaching)
Training and Experience:
University or Seminary degree in a field related to children, youth, spiritual formation or spiritual direction.
Prior ministry with children and/or youth is desired.
Cross-cultural ministry experience is a plus.
All candidates must submit a cover letter expressing your reasons for interest in this position and a complete resume that includes the following:
Education and training experiences including dates
Work experiences (paid or volunteer) with children and youth
Employment record including dates and contact persons
Written expression of your faith journey and transformation
Written expression of your faith support network (who encourages you, believes in you, supports you,
holds you accountable, challenges you to grow?)
Written expression of your philosophy of ministry
Four personal references (non-family) and contact information
Your contact information
All documentation may be emailed (.pdf, .txt. or doc files) to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via postal mail to:
Crossroads Church of God
Attn: Randall Bargerstock
775 S.Thayer Rd.
Lima, OH 45806.
This position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is found.
Further questions may be directed to Randy Bargerstock, Lead Pastor, at (765) 635-4893