Teenagers: They're loud, weird, messy and completely unpredictable... and that's exactly why you love them!
Youth Ministry isn't just a church job, it's a sacred calling; a unique passion for a specific group of people, who everyone says is important, but few want to minister to.
We are a modern, bold, creative, Spirit-led congregation in Charlotte, North Carolina, with nearly 2,000 people in weekly attendance. We believe that students aren't the future of The Church, they are The Church, and we're looking for a man or woman
with the experience, gifts, temperament and skill set, to take a large, vibrant, thriving student community to the next level.
The right person for this position will:
- have proven experience leading a large student ministry. (100+ students)
- be a visionary leader; able to see where the ministry needs to go, and be able to communicate it clearly to students, families and volunteers.
- see youth ministry, not as a separated silo, but as an integrated part of the larger church body.
- be comfortable working with a large church staff, in a collaborative, team environment.
- be familiar with, and committed, to the Orange philosophy of family ministry.
- understand how to train, equip and shepherd a large, dedicated volunteer team.
- be organized, professional and committed to excellence.
- display the ability to meet deadlines, handle budgets, and manage details.
- have a strong, ever-growing relationship with Jesus, and a life reflecting it.
The Student Pastor oversees both our Middle and High School communities, as well as a paid staff of three. We have built a strong, community-minded ministry, and have a great deal of successful programs and methods in place. The right candidate
will bring their individual creativity and passion to our community, but will also have the ability and desire to embrace the current vision and strategy, and work within the greater mission of our church.
If you think that the above describes you, send a resume and include teaching examples, video or blog links, where possible to email@example.com.