Highpoint Fellowship is a non-denominational church in Cedar Park, Texas, dedicated to serving in our community and showing/sharing the love of Christ in the process. Our youth ministry encourages students to CONNECT to faith & friends, disciples them to
GROW in both, then equips them to GO be Jesus to the community.
The youth pastor must have a love for God, a love for students and parents, a strong calling to work with students, and a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ. In addition, the following are required:
- Commitment to the vision, values, and beliefs of HighPoint Fellowship.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of HighPointYouth.
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping, mentoring, and discipling.
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry.
- Strong communicator with a love for Jesus & God’s word.
- Relational style of leadership and ministry.
- Humble & Joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
- Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision.
- Ministry-related degree or equivalant experience in youth ministry setting.
- 3+ years strong experience in youth ministry.
- Experience in recruiting, leading, and equipping adult & student leader teams.
The youth pastor must also have the ability and willingness to:
- Recruit, disciple, and sustain a large team of youth leaders. Leader roles (at the HS and MS levels) include small group leaders, Connect leaders, Grow leaders, Go leaders, Food team members, Security, Worship, Tech, Sunday morning teachers, etc.).
- Engage parents as vital partners.
- Oversee and mentor other youth staff.
- Teach and preach to youth, parents, and leaders in small and large settings.
- Communicate well with parents and come alongside families, especially in times of crisis.
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers.
- Ensure that the youth ministry is functioning in an effective, focused manner.
- Recruit, train, mobilize, and maintain a ministry team of age-appropriate leaders for the youth ministry.
- Work with the Youth Ministry Team to refine & maintain the mission and vision of the youth ministry.
- Follow through with the volunteer screening process to ensure a competent and qualified body of volunteer leaders.
- Work with the Ministry Mentor Team to ensure the youth mission and vision stay on track with the church mission and vision.
- Ensure balanced ministry by scheduling regular self-study/self-growth time.
- Submit an annual budget (with the cooperation of the Youth Ministry Team) to the HighpointTrustees.
- Oversee all expenditures against the budget allocated to the youth ministries.
- Oversee fund-raising efforts for youth ministry trips.
- Develop comprehensive, well-balanced biblical instruction and programming for growth opportunities.
- Assume the role as primary teacher/preacher and provide teaching opportunities to other qualified adults and students.
- Recruit, train, and provide materials for Sunday Morning teaching team.
- Provide periodic retreat opportunities for both MS and HS students.
- Ensure that competent adult leadership is available; not only to supervise, but to build relationships at all youth events.
- Oversee and Lead (or equip to lead) quarterly community service opportunities.
- Oversee and Lead (or equip to lead) annual HS mission trip to domestic location.
- Oversee and Lead (or equip to lead) annual MS summer camp--Camp Springs.
- Oversee and Lead (or equip to lead) annual HPY Connect event (such as Six Flags trip).
- Stay current through regular training (area conferences & teachings as well as national youth conferences) so that material may be passed on to youth leadership team.
- Shepherd and equip youth leaders by giving them ownership, training, rewarding them, protecting them, and standing up for them as their advocate while allowing fair criticism. This will also require being involved in their lives as a spiritual mentor and
- Develop and maintain the ongoing mission/vision of HighPointYouth and communicate it regularly to church and youth leadership (as well as students and parents).
- Develop a program designed to equip MS and HS students and adult volunteers to do the work of the ministry.
- Provide opportunities for MS and HS student ministry teams to form.
- Provide opportunities for the ongoing training and discipling of youth leaders.
- Get involved with area campuses through volunteering, ministry development, and attending FCA meetings.
- Active membership in the Wilco Area Youth Pastor’s group (a group of local inter-denominational youth pastors).
- Keep Senior Pastor and staff informed of emergent situations.
- Attend other leadership meetings as needed.
- Administer annual Student/Leader Child Abuse Prevention courses.
- Lead/Support other church ministries as needed.
- Sunday morning platform participation, as needed (occasional preaching, presentations, etc.).
- General pastoral responsibilities shared by the team and other duties as required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a video of you teaching/relating in a youth ministry context, you are encouraged to include it. Thanks for your consideration.
HighPoint Fellowship Vision Statement:
To lead change in our community by being the presence of Christ as we partner with others to bring help, hope and healing to people of every color and background.
HighPointYouth Vision Statement:
To foster change in students of all tribes, colors, and backgrounds by creating an atmosphere of authenticity, acceptance, and Jesus-worship; thereby allowing them to discover their God-given gifts so they might serve as leaders within our church, their
schools, and in our community.