Job Title: Director of Middle School Ministries
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Job Type: Full-Time Paid Regular (at least 40 hours per week)
Job Description: Calvary Church, a in Northwest Indiana is searching for a Director of Middle School Ministries.
This independent evangelical church of over 1,000 worshipers is committed to spreading the Word about Jesus Christ throughout Northwest Indiana and the world as we grow a community of Christ followers who are enjoying God together. The church is known for
contemporary worship, relevant expository preaching, discipleship through small groups, a passion to win as many as possible for Christ and a commitment to overseas missions.
The Director of Middle School Ministries is the leader for reaching out to teens in the middle school age group already within the church as well as those not yet part of the church. They will support them in the face of diversifying culture and teach them
the biblical worldview in order to glorify God and foster the advancement of His kingdom. The gifts of leadership, teaching, administration, and pastoring will be essential for, and further developed through this position.
- Plan, organize, and lead various programming including: weekly large group gatherings, day trips (eg. to a concert), and overnight trips (eg. summer camp).
- Refine a vision and strategy for the middle school ministry as a whole in conjunction with Pastor of Student Ministries.
- Communicate Gospel to students on a regular basis.
- Maintain a program for outreach, follow up, and general care of middle school students.
- Assist in developing and implementing discipleship for middle school students.
- Understand how to obtain Christian education materials and how to use them appropriately.
- Be available to meet with students one-on-one during office hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Provide education on youth trends and culture to students, adult leaders, parents, and the church as a whole.
- Educate, train, and lead adult volunteers to help students with spiritual matters and life direction.
- Encourage and facilitate involvement of parents in the lives of students as well as the direction of the ministry as a whole.
- Prioritize personal spiritual growth, family life, and healthy boundaries in accordance with work demands.
- Report to Pastor of Student Ministries for approval of plans and guidance.
- Administer budget which is developed in conjunction with the Pastor of Student Ministries.
- Supervise interns.
- Contribute to the vision and leadership of the church as a member of the staff.
- Be able to work well independently and on a team
- Participate in regular worship services and on an as needed basis be available to:
- Handle announcements
- After-Service prayers
- Maintain ministry standards in accordance with those of the church
- Undergraduate Degree in Theology, Youth Ministry or a related field
- Deep understanding of Bible and Christian worldview
- Active relationship with Jesus Christ
- The spiritual qualifications listed in 1 Timothy, Titus, and 1 Peter
More information on the church, its history, the leaders and the job are available on www.calvaryweb.net.