The Director of Student Ministries will develop and maintain a comprehensive system for spiritual growth by helping the students of Calvary become passionate disciples of Christ in their worship, walk, and work. He serves under the direct supervision of
the Lead Pastor in fulfilling his ministry duties. He will also participate in pastoral ministry assignments such as hospital visitation, outreach visitation, and pastoral care to the congregation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We believe a youth ministry leader should seek to build relationships with the students to whom he ministers and the leaders he recruits. The director of student ministries at CBBC will be involved in the lives of his students with his priority being the
spiritual formation of those under his care. He will develop and implement an effective student ministry environment that supports the vision of the Lead Pastor for the entire church. He will develop short and long term discipleship strategies for student
ministries in collaboration with the Pastor of Discipleship. His stated purpose is to lead teens to know, love and follow Jesus Christ. His responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and oversee all ministry for all students with a particular focus on 7th - 12 grades. Ministry includes Sunday morning and Evening, Wednesday nights, summer programming, etc.
- Prepare and teach messages that are solid, understandable and relevant through which Scripture is faithfully exposited and applied.
- Plan and implement regular activities for group development and outreach.
- Work to continually develop effective student leadership.
- Recruit, train and lead teams of volunteers by equipping and empowering lay leaders.
- Provide excellent and effective communication with the Lead Pastor, the Administrative Assistant, parents and students.
- Develop an inclusive student group in which every teen who is already part of the ministry and those who visit will know they are loved and cared for through Amplify Student Ministries at Calvary Bible Baptist Church.
- Submit a yearly budget for the student ministry to the Lead Pastor.
- Ensure all logistical and administrative aspects of the student ministries are fulfilled.
Works with the Lead Pastor to perform pastoral ministry including but not limited to:
- Participate in pastoral support and care for teens and families within the church including hospital visits and follow up.
- Preach as often as required.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for an Elder as described in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1 and 1 Peter 5
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and demonstrates the fruit of a Spirit--controlled life
- Displays godly character and leadership demonstrated in his interaction with the congregation, in his relationships with the pastoral team/staff and at home.
- Loves and enjoys people, exhibiting a shepherd's heart in his concern for the congregation.
- A commitment to our doctrinal statement and covenant as described in our church Constitution.
- Has a neat and professional appearance.
- Is highly organized and able to plan and implement that plan effectively.
- Has a teachable spirit and desires to learn.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited seminary or Bible college is preferred.
- Abiity to lead worship will garner special consideration.