1. Sous Chef- Banquet Chef
2. Purpose of position: Prepare meals as scheduled. Assist with operations in the kitchen, fellowship hall, and dining room. Responsible for performing any and all duties of the Food Service Director
in his absence or as otherwise requested. Serve as second in command in the absence of the Food Service Director.
3. Reports to: Food Service Director
4. Relates Closely with: Business Administrator,Facilities Team, Membership Team, Special Events Coordinator, and other Ministerial and Office Support Staff.
5. Persons responsible for: Part-time Kitchen staff and volunteers
6. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Ø Prepare, cook, and serve for all food-related church activities (weekly meals, receptions, banquets, luncheons, etc.) as directed by the Food Service Director.
Ø Prepare refreshments to be served at church functions as assigned.
Ø Prepare for any other meals served away from the church facility (Annual Church Picnic, etc.) as requested.
Ø Assist in serving line area and/or dining rooms as needed.
Ø Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen and work areas, with the ability to wash dishes (by hand if needed) and mop floors.
Ø Maintain cleanliness & organization of all coolers, freezers and storage closets, with the ability to bend, lift and reach overhead.
Ø Ability to lift at least 50 pounds, as required in the handling of bulk food crates and packages, frozen meats, supplies, tables, equipment, cleaning buckets, etc.
Ø Maintain high standards of cleanliness for cooking equipment and utensils, and in food handling, preparation and service, in order to assure compliance with applicable health, sanitation and safety laws and standards.
Ø Perform and/or assist with dish machine operations.
Ø Assist in the purchase of food and planning for all scheduled meals, snacks, and social functions as requested.
Ø Assist Food Service Director as needed in coordination with the Facilities Team to ensure kitchen equipment is maintained in good repair.
Ø Serve as liaison to third-party Caterers as needed.
Ø Assist as requested with the training, supervision and performance evaluation of other Food Service staff (both paid and volunteer).
Ø Assist Food Service Director in conducting a monthly inventory of all meats, produce, dry goods, paper products, etc. Order food and supplies in order to maintain appropriate levels of inventory.
Ø Attend monthly General Staff meetings and other meetings as required.
Ø Perform other duties as assigned by the Food Service Director or Business Administrator.
7. Critical Characteristics and Skills Required: Experienced in Food Service (restaurant/banquet) food preparation and service. High standards of personal and professional hygiene and cleanliness. Exceptional
organizational abilities and attention to detail. Good relational skills and ability to work as a team player. Effective time manager.
8. Initial Salary: Hourly, based on experience with overtime pay as needed.
9. Benefits: Retirement, Medical Insurance, Long-term Disability, Term Life coverage, and Paid Vacation.
10. Time required in position: Generally 40 hours per week, with a “Whatever It Takes” attitude.