JOB TITLE: Campus Pastor – Marengo
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
The Campus Pastor of Marengo is a campus-specific position that exists to glorify God by multiplying God-centered, Christ-exalting, world transforming believers through the Gospel in the greater Marengo area by growing the congregation in numbers and in
1. Lead a pastoral ministry of the Word and prayer towards the congregation of the Marengo Campus.
2. Serve as the “face with the place” at the Marengo Campus as well as the ‘quality control manager’ of its doctrine, mission and strategy.
3. Oversee and participate in a personal invitation plan that motivates and mobilizes the Marengo congregation to bring new people to the worship services as well as other church events and programs.
4. Oversee a high-touch connection process that personally welcomes newcomers, orients them to The Orchard, presents the Gospel to them, incorporates them into a LIFE group and involves them in a volunteer service.
5. Pastor the members of the congregation through the significant events of their lives, that is, child dedication, baptism, membership, marriage, severe crises and death.
6. Supervise the Marengo Campus staff.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.
- Meets qualifications for leadership referenced in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Master’s degree required
- Detail-orientated to provide quality work and complete assigned tasks accurately
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within projects and assignments regardless of interruptions
- Ability to organize, analyze and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in personal contacts
- Interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with management and volunteers
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude and loyalty
- Self-motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently
- Computer literate in order to complete necessary tasks within software applications
- Positive and supportive attitude