MBC is looking for an Online Community Manager to join our staff team. The person in this role will be responsible for managing our multi-campus online strategy--including live webcasts, websites, mobile application, and our Internet TV channel--in order
to help us use online technology to make an impact on Washington, DC with the message of Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a heart for evangelism, a knowledge of HTML/CSS, and the ability to develop creative solutions for online
- Collaborate with communications team staff and campus pastors to develop and execute a comprehensive, multi-campus online strategy, including live webcast, the MBC family of websites, mobile applications, social media, internet tv, and new media.
- Execute red-zone responsibilities for webcast of Sunday worship services and special webcast events, including the management of the video feed to the Internet, A/V switching, and the back-end software functions.
- Assist and encourage online congregation through live chat, email and social networks
- Maintain and manage content of MBC's family of websites, mobile application(s) and internet TV application.
- Manage MBC central social media properties, including video uploading, planning and implementing weekly editorial calendar.
- Social Media consulting and planning for MBC ministries and other church related projects. Responsible for training staff on social media.
- Report on web traffic statistics, and remaining up-to-date on the latest web technologies to ensure efficient development of the site and making recommendations for advancing MBC’s online strategy.
- Responsible for making editorial selections of content for daily updates, working with staff on the best visual and editorial presentation of content, ensuring the consistency of style, branding and design of online properties, managing and enforcing workflows,
and overseeing day-to-day operations for online properties.
- Manage vendor relationships & billing.