VICTORY CHURCH PROFILE
Pastors Ed and Lisa Crenshaw have led Victory Church since 1992. Victory is a multi-ethnic church, with attendees from over 40 nations. The church is also very intergenerational, with strong appeal to younger generations. During the past 20 years, Victory has had a heart for people who are unchurched and seeking God. The church is a leader in the community by helping less fortunate people and families through a variety of mission opportunities.
Victory opened a second location in Newtown Square in September 2012 and is making plans to further expand into the Greater Philadelphia region. The church has programs for preschoolers, children, youth, singles, and adults.
Victory also offers a weekly preschool program for the community called Victory Early Learning Academy (VELA).
Victory Church is called to equip a caring, committed community of worshipers to reach their world for Jesus. Victory fulfills its mission by committing to:
• Honor God in all we do
• Pursue God fervently
• Affirm that all people are valuable to God and to us
• Be passionate about connecting people to Jesus
• Honor the Bible as our guide for what we believe and how we live
• Include people in caring community
• Demonstrate integrity, with excellence and commitment, in all we do
• Recognize that all people have a God-given purpose
• Embrace servanthood as the path to greatness in God’s sight
As an Assemblies of God church, we are also committed to the AG four-fold mission to:
• Evangelize the lost
• Worship God
• Disciple believers
• Show compassion
The Youth Pastor serves as the key leader of youth ministry at Victory Church and ensures Victory’s vision flows to and through the youth ministry. He/she leads a team of empowered adult leaders and, together, develop and implement a comprehensive youth program for middle and high school students. The effective youth pastor will grow the youth ministry numerically and spiritually.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruit, train, and mentor a team of parent, adult, and young adult leaders to serve in the youth ministry as:
o LifeGroup Leaders
o Worship Leaders
o Event Coordinators
o Administrative Assistants
• Recruit, train, and mentor youth leaders
• Provide spiritual direction and support to youth parents, students, and the youth leadership team
• Participate in and oversee adult leaders who:
o Lead youth LifeGroups
o Are a part of students’ lives through one-on-one interactions, school events, sports events, etc.
o Minister to parents through regular contact individually and through parent get-togethers
o Encourage students to grow spiritually through serving at Victory Church
• Serve on the weekend worship service preaching team
• Attend and participate in weekend worship services and special services and events
• Perform baptisms, child dedications, weddings, and funerals, as needed
• Be available before and after services and church meetings
• Develop and participate in a teaching team that will study for and teach at:
o Weekly youth meetings
o Parent seminars
o Youth volunteer meetings
o Retreats and mission trips
o Campus Bible studies and/or clubs
• Develop and maintain youth ministry budget
• Develop and maintain youth ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry
• Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly youth services and special events
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
• Attend and participate in staff retreats
• Develop meaningful relationships with pastoral staff and church leadership in order to more effectively carry out the vision of Victory Church
• Experience God through weekly worship service attendance, daily Bible study, and a fervent prayer life
• Lead and/or participate in an adult LifeGroup each semester
• Make connections with neighbors, other parents (if a parent), and members of the community in which you live
• Encourage others to serve
Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in ministry-related area or a post-graduate ministry degree is required (extensive ministry experience, in some instances, may be substituted)
• 5+ years of recent youth ministry experience in a medium to large church
• A proven track record of recruiting, training, and developing leaders
• Experience on a Sunday service preaching team
• Intermediate to expert knowledge of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Very comfortable with the gifts of the Spirit, speaking in tongues, etc.
• Experience with creative software suites
• Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Experience at a multi-site church is a plus
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please do NOT submit your documents through Church Staffing’s submission process. Instead, interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (PDF or Word document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter or resume should include a brief testimony, a statement of your basic Christian beliefs, and the specific reasons why you’re interested in serving at Victory Church. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Pastors Ed and Lisa Crenshaw have led Victory Church since 1992. Victory is a multi-ethnic church, with attendees from over 40 nations. The church is also very intergenerational, with strong appeal to younger generations. During the past 20 years, Victory has had a heart for people who are unchurched and seeking God. The church is a leader in the community by helping less fortunate people and families through a variety of mission opportunities. More...