WHO IS THE WOODS CHURCH?
The Woods Church is a community of ordinary people with diverse backgrounds. We're teachers, plumbers, CNC operators, assembly line workers, lawyers, sales people, unemployed, retirees, and stay-at-home moms. We're black, white, and everything in between.
Our community consists of students, young people, singles and families of all shapes and sizes. God has transformed our lives, so we gather together to demonstrate our love for God, love for people, and to serve our local and global communities.
At The Woods Church, kids matter. In fact, there are few things as important to us as the spiritual development of the children at The Woods Church. At this time, we are looking for an
Early Childhood Director that is passionate not only about physically caring for the children at The Woods Church but is also passionate about partnering with us and God to help them grow spiritually.
WHAT WILL I DO?
Our Early Childhood ministry includes children ages birth through five years old. Each week we minister to over 100 children (and their families) in our Early Childhood ministry on Sunday morning and during our mid-week activities.
We’re looking for someone with the ability to develop and lead teams of adult volunteers who will lead and care for infants, toddlers, and children getting ready to move into our elementary ministry. This person is a seasoned leader who can build a structure
of volunteer leaders who lead volunteers who lead and care for kids. Essentially, we’re looking for a strong and dynamic leader who can minister to kids through adult leaders and volunteers. The person in this role must prioritize developing
adults to lead the ministry first and foremost.
The Early Childhood Director will not only lead and care for adult leaders/volunteers but will also be responsible for integrating curriculum that emphasizes spiritual disciplines that align with our spiritual pathway at The Woods Church, creating and implementing
policies and procedures, create and work with a lay ministry team to assist in directing the ministry, create/design weekly publications to both volunteers and parents, and more.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON IF YOU ARE...
- Excited about the vision and mission at The Woods Church
- Someone who is passionate about our community and willing to serve in a church where we don't have everything figured out but we are following where God leads us
- A team player that would rather work on and with a team than be their own team
- Focused on people first, task second
- Highly relational and enjoy people
- Looking to have fun in a life giving ministry
- Focused not just on performing a task but *why* you are performing the task
- Self motivated
- Looking for a 30 hour a week position
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF IF...
- You have an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance
- You've led ministry or worked in an Early Childhood setting for a minimum of two years with 100+ kids and 25+ volunteers
- You have a Bachelors degree (or some college coursework completed)
- You have computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Social Media such as Facebook or Twitter.
If you have the right stuff and you are interested in applying for this position then please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org