Job Title: Worship Arts Youth Director/Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Create an engaging and dynamic worship environment for the Middle School and High School Ministries. Mange the social media outreach as well as any worship experience at camps or other major events. Recruit/Train/Develop/Release teams to fulfill these responsibilities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pastoral Duties: perform all duties that the IRS lists as “sacerdotal duties”, such as baptisms, marriage ceremonies, funerals and administer communion
- Creates creative, engaging and dynamic environments for large group Middle school and H.S. (This includes hub nights and quarterly events as well as camps and other lg events) Responsibilities includes:
- Lighting tech team
- Recruiting AV Team
- Environment Setup/Tear down
- Collaborates with Youth team and oversees implementation of Order of service for worship for weekly large group events for Middle School and H.S as well as Worship for Camps/Retreats/other events. Responsibilities include:
- Leading worship or releasing team to lead worship
- Programming for events (Run Sheet)
- Finding and implementing relevant Media such as “Clip of the week, Intro videos, Pro-Presenter, etc.)
- Creative and cutting edge experiences that will enhance whatever agreed upon theme of the weekend.
- Oversees all Web and Social Media for Jr. and Sr. High.
- Develop a team to update and come up with creative Web interaction for both ministries (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Develops a team to updates and maintains website for both ministries
- Oversees all filming and editing of Youth Related Videos. Responsibilities include:
- Weekly Sermon videos
- Promo Videos such as Summer Camp, and Outreach events.
- Social Media Videos
- Collaborates with Worship Arts adult leadership –(shares musicians, songs, ideas, even all church worship leading responsibilities over time)
- Responsible for the discipleship of all volunteers under their leadership. This does not mean that they must directly disciple everyone on their team.
Directly supervises leaders and other volunteers in Middle and High School Worship ministry as required. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include identifying, leading and training volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining volunteers; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Serves People - Manages difficult or emotional people situations; Responds promptly to needs; Solicits feedback to improve ministries; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; loves serving people
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of volunteers or employees.
Mathematical Skills: No skills needed
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Arena Database software and Microsoft Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Commissioning / Ordination Certificate
Other Skills and Abilities: Read, teach direct and arrange music for worship. Must have working knowledge of guitar and/or keyboard, audio and visual equipment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Volunteering We recognize there are many ministry areas to serve in and you may feel called to serve in those areas on a volunteer basis. We would like to support you in your desire to serve. Any hours served in volunteer ministry are not required for this position that you have been hired for and as such will not be compensated.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Real Life Ministries
REAL LIFE MINISTRIES is a non-denominational Evangelical Christian church in Post Falls, situated in Kootenai County, Idaho. The church was planted in 1998 by four families, including now senior pastor, Jim Putman. Since its founding, the church has grown to an average weekend attendance of over 7,000. It has been the fastest growing non-denominational Christian church in the United States experiencing growth of 247%. More...