Youth Ministry Fellowship Coordinator
TITLE: Youth Ministry Fellowship Coordinator (part-time, 15-18 hours/week)
PURPOSE: To work with the Director of Christian Education (DCE) in coordinating programs and activities for 6th through 12th grade students.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Youth Ministry Fellowship Coordinator is under the supervision of the Director of Christian Education and is ultimately responsible to the Pastor and the Session.
- Plan, prepare for, and oversee Youth Ministry Sunday night events and other youth programs so that all activities are safely and properly supervised and conducted. This may include additional events or youth programs at other times as well.
- Model leadership to the students in the areas of mission and outreach.
- Recruit volunteers for Youth Ministry activities and perform other recruiting duties, as necessary.
- Research, recommend, and provide necessary resources for Youth Ministry programs, in coordination with the DCE.
- Support and advise youth, parents, and youth volunteers, as needed.
- Participate in continuing education, as necessary.
- A committed Christian
- Actively involved in Bible study and prayer
- Ability an willingness to complete a background investigation
- Love for youth
- Sensitivity for families with youth
- Passion for the Gospel
- Desire to work within the Body of Christ
- Good relational skills
- Model a Christian lifestyle with regard to the use of cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs
- Model chastity in singleness or fidelity in marriage
EVALUATION/SALARY: Performance evaluation will be conducted by the Director of Christian Education annually. Salary review will be conducted annually by the Personnel Committee in coordination with the Pastor
and the Director of Christian Education.
External candidates only.
This position description may be modified in accordance with Kirkmont’s Personnel Policy.