SENIOR PASTOR QUALIFICATIONS
The Pastor shall be a man of god, well qualified to lead the church. He shall preach the Gospel, teach and ensure sound doctrine, call on those in spiritual need, reprove, rebuke, and exhort impartially as required and lead the membership to grow in grace
and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. He shall be considered an Elder of the congregation. The pastor must demonstrate a proven history of integrity and leadership. He must have a heart for ministry in a rural/agricultural community. He must have a desire
to develop cross cultural ministries and an outreach into the community beyond the Church Campus. The Pastor must be able to embrace the Gateway commitment to be a Church and not just a place to go to church.
Desired Qualities and Competencies
- Must meet the qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus I.
- Must be a man of great personal integrity and prayer
- Must possess strong leadership skills with the ability and desire to build leaders.
- Must be able to build relationships and foster the building of relationships among others.
- Must be an excellent communicator, skilled at opening and teaching God’s Word in a relevant and compelling manner.
- Must possess an exemplary reputation from those who know him.
- Must have ministry experience and have earned a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year college, or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Must be in agreement with Gateway’s Statement of Faith.