Alliance Bible Fellowship July, 2013
Title: Associate Pastor of Worship and Fine Arts
Supervisor: The Pastor of Worship and Fine Arts will be a member of the pastoral staff and will report to and be supervised by the Executive Pastor on a day-to-day basis. Ultimate and final responsibility
for determining the duties of this staff position, however, will be the Elder Board’s collectively. An annual performance evaluation will be conducted by the Board of Elders.
- A Committed Christian with a Vital and Growing Walk – A man who himself is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of study and worship.
- Education – A Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree in Theology/Bible/Worship Arts.
- Ministry Experience – Preference will be given to those who have a minimum of five years church ministry experience.
- A Shepherd’s Heart – A man who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
- In agreement with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Doctrinal Statement, the Expanded ABF Doctrinal Statement, and a willingness to be licensed and ordained by The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy 3, Titus 1).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Worship Planning – Responsible for all aspects of corporate gatherings, to include all music, worship team, scripture readings, prayer, announcements, Propresenter (visual presentations), and worship center decorations. He shall be the primary worship
- Provide Administrative Oversight for all aspects of worship ministry. Ensures biblical accuracy of worship songs/texts.
- Lead, recruit, train, equip and shepherd volunteers (vocalists and instrumentalists) to serve on a regular schedule / rotation.
- Ensure comprehensive training for paid and volunteer staff to provide them with the knowledge and experience necessary to operate the audio equipment in all of the various venues throughout the church.
- Meet the technical support requests of groups renting/using worship center audio/visual equipment.
- Oversee recording ministry and make available a remixing of worship service audio for broadcast or other duplications (CD and podcasts).
- Provide set up and supervision of lighting in worship center (programming console, aim and focus, add lighting, etc.) and acquisition of special effects for theatrical productions.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of all in-house video, video displays, IMag equipment; media display equipment (computers, projectors, switchers, etc.)
- Provide vision and leadership to the ABF drama, dance and visual arts ministry.
- Maintain Copyright Integrity for all ABF ministries.
- Maintain Balanced Budgets for all areas of oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Associate Pastor of Worship and Fine Arts will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill his responsibilities. He will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business
hours, so as to be available to the body in general.
- He will be on call as necessary for pastoral emergencies.
The Associate Pastor will be provided benefits, to include vacation, absences, health insurance, sabbaticals, retirement account, etc., in accordance with established church policies.