This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
North Valley Fellowship

Lead Teaching Pastor

North Valley Fellowship
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Date Posted: 07/03/2013
Categories: Associate Pastor - Church Planter - Discipleship Pastor - Other Pastor - Senior Pastor - Teaching Pastor
Denominations: Non-Denominational
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description:

This Job listing is temporarily closed as we sort through the large number of applicants who have applied.   Any applications received after 19 July will be kept but only looked at if needed.  Check back in future weeks to see if we have re-activated this job posting to seek more applicants.  Blessings!



North Valley Fellowship is a non-denominational, evangelical, Bible believing church.  We are a staff-led, Leadership Team Advised church.  Our pastoral team fulfills the Biblical role of Elder/Pastor and lead NVF.  They are a team of co-equals who together, through prayer, seek God’s direction in leading His church with the advice of the Godly men appointed to the Leadership Advisory Team.  All pastors bring different gifts and skills to the team to fulfill the needs of the church.  We are a contemporary styled, "anyone’s welcome," mobile church.  We are currently meeting in a High School on Sundays, homes during the week, and a youth service twice a month at another rented location.

Lead Teaching Pastor

  • Will lead pastoral team as first among equals with the other pastors and future elders.  
  • Primary job will be to be the lead communicator for NVF speaking about 70% of the time in Sunday Services  (other staff and guests will preach the other 30%)
  • Additional duties will include developing and overseeing discipleship, connection, and community opportunities within the church
  • Becomes the lead communicator of vision and direction for the church

Required Skills

  • Dynamic and engaging communicator of God’s word in practical terms
  • Relationally minded and gifted to connect with people
  • Organizational skills to plan series and ideas in advance so pastoral and creative teams can build services to communicate and reinforce a unified idea to the church

Desired Experience

  • Mobile or church plant background and adaptable to west coast Christian culture
  • Mid-range team Sermon planning to create holistic worship service/teaching
  • Family and relationship counselling
  • Bible College and/or Seminary

Submit resumes and links to audio or video of teaching examples as availlable.

In your resume or in the church staffing email,  include a section that answers these 4 questions:

(1) Why you are interested in this position?

(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to Las Vegas?

(3) Define your call to ministry.

(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?