Student Pastor Job Description (Full Time Position)
Tidal Creek Fellowship, Beaufort, South Carolina
Tidal Creek Fellowship is a growing (600 average attendance) 11 year old, non-denominational church on the southern coast of South Carolina. We entered our first, newly constructed facility in March of 2012, and since that time our average attendance has
increased from 375 to 600 per week.
• Our vision is “to meet people where they are and help them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.”
• We value diversity. Our people are professionally and socially diverse. We have people from all walks of life from all over the country.
• Students matter to us. Presently there are about 50 teens in our student ministry, and we see the opportunity for significant growth. The second full-time staff position added at Tidal Creek was that of Student Pastor, 6 years ago. We were instrumental
in bringing Young Life to our community about 7 years ago.
•Beaufort SC ranked #1 as 2013 America's Happiest Seaside Towns by readers of Coastal Living Magazine. Our attractive coastal beauty, moderate climate, and the presence of three military bases is a big reason for the diversity of our city.
MINISTRY OBJECTIVE: Help facilitate the church’s call to love and disciple students.
• Oversee the rebuilding process of our Student Ministry (with Student Ministry Lead Team).
• Create irresistible environments for 6th-12th grade students that include: large group (worship) and small group (relational discipleship) experiences, and other special events.
• Seek to foster a missional heart in our students.
• Recruit, train and develop a committed volunteer team to help ensure that each environment within the Student Ministry at Tidal Creek is properly staffed. We work through teams on every level of the organization. Your job is to lead leaders, not do everything
• Manage Financials with accuracy and integrity. This job isn’t all “Call of Duty” and Donut Olympics. Budgets, expense reports, and event registrations are serious business.
• Partner with parents by providing clear communication and helpful resources. It is essential that parents are seen as partners in the Student Ministry.
• Communicate and represent the vision of Tidal Creek to all volunteers who serve under the ministry and to the community.
WHAT IT TAKES:
• You must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• You must have experience: a minimum of 3 years of student ministry experience.
• You must understand the importance of “making disciples.” (Great Commission Matt. 28:18-20)
• You must desire for the Student Ministry to be integrated into the life of the church.
• You must love students and enjoy being around them a lot.
• You must see yourself as an EQUIPPER and TEAM PLAYER.
• You must take your job seriously, but not yourself.
• You must have enough energy to keep up with that kid who had Red Bull and Skittles for breakfast.
• You must love the local church and believe that it is the hope of the world (Bill Hybels).
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to
email@example.com. No phone calls or emails of inquiry please.