Technical Services Director
(only open to local candidates)
To lead and manage the technical operations of Christ Church of Oak Brook by providing vision and strategic planning, ensuring priorities, and shepherding a team of staff and volunteers to excellence.
Provides and ensures technical services for Events, Worship, Media, Communications, IT.
Reports to Executive Director of Ministry Services.
Teams with IT services contractor, Accounting Director, Operations Director, Communications Director, Associate to the Executive Director, and Worship Coordinator.
Supervises Technicians, Audio-Visual Coordinator, Media Coordinator, Media Tech, Worship Tech Support Staff, Volunteers, and outside contractors.
- Provide leadership and administrative oversight, managing all aspects Technical Services, from budgeting to management of staff, service, and projects.
- Provide vision, direction, and solutions to Technical Services projects and support, and staffing teaming and issues.
- Engage Program and Support staff proactively to discern and prioritize with a balance of excellence and feasibility technical services to accomplish church goals.
- Provide Technical Support services for Classic and Contemporary Worship, and Communications and the Media Ministry.
- Support and model individual spiritual formation i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve. (weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading, small group, volunteering/service, etc.).
Volunteers and Lay Leadership
- Empower and support lay leadership and volunteers.
- Develop and Lead
- Clarify mission & vision.
- Develop goals, plan, and budget.
- Manage resources (staff, volunteers, contractors, funds, tools, property/assets).
- Administer departmental and project financials.
- Direct Technical Team
- Sustain personal on-site presence at all major and worship events.
- Create and sustain sense of team.
- Oversee team planning, action, review, and accountability.
- Coach Techs and Coordinators, providing necessary resources; hold accountable.
- Ensure security of tech assets.
Administration and Communication
- Work with team members to develop vision and goals and manage activities for the Technical Services Ministry of the church.
- Provide regular and personalized coaching (support/direction/review) to team members.
- Oversee the budgets and finances of the Technology Services Ministry.
- Prepare or review resources, documentation and communication for ministry area, CCOB communications and external communications for CCOB leadership when requested.
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Integrity for work habits and results.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Able to keep high degree of confidentiality.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Approachable and accessible.
Skills and Talents
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Know and use office business software, A/V software, and other relevant applications.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Works well with others and within a team.
- Energized by non-routine assignments.
- Creative and innovative.
Additional Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising others.
- Management experience in television, media, and audio-visual environments preferred.
- Significant engineering and management experience in design and build of tech systems.
- Knowledge of analog and digital, HD and SD, and production and delivery systems.
- Conversant with IT systems and integration.
- Flexible schedule and commitment to work weekends (weekly worship on Saturdays and Sundays) and evenings unless excused by Executive Director.