This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Emmanuel Baptist Church
Pullman, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 12/10/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Open: Full-time Youth Pastor
Church: Emmanuel Baptist Church, Pullman, WA (www.ebcpullman.org)
Send resumes to Pastor Mark Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 18, 2009. Please visit our website to see if you’re compatible with our church, then include a cover letter that addresses the “Qualifications” listed below.
About the Church and Community
Emmanuel Baptist Church (SBC) is a community of 350+ regular attendees in Pullman, WA (population 27,000; www.pullmanchamber.com ). We are a congregation of mostly young families, many university students, and some empty nesters. Our purpose is to follow Christ and invite others to follow Christ. In obedience to Him we Love God, Love People, Pursue Christ’s Character, and Serve the World. Our departing youth pastor served with us eight years. He has accepted a call to serve as a youth pastor in New Zealand. The average tenure of our current full-time pastoral staff is nine years. We are situated in a rural setting with two major universities within eight miles of the church (Washington State University is here in Pullman; the University of Idaho is in Moscow, ID). We are part of one of the least churched regions of America; the potential is awesome. Pullman has one public middle school (506 enrolled 6th-8th) and one public high school (690 enrolled 9th-12th), plus a few private Christian schools. Almost all our youth attend the public schools. More than 50 youth attend our group meetings each week, led by a strong core of dedicated volunteer leaders.
1. Mature and growing Christian with a strong calling to youth ministry.
2. Effective at reaching unchurched youth and leading Christian youth into greater spiritual maturity.
3. Energetic, fun, relevant, and humorous to youth.
4. Effective vision-caster, recruiter, trainer, and leader of a team of volunteers.
5. Able and willing to work with multiple staff in a team effort toward church health.
6. Bachelor’s degree.
7. Preferred: Baptist background; comfortable working with Young Life or Youth for Christ.
· Oversee and direct the middle school and high school youth ministries with emphases on outreach and discipleship.
· Provide vision, strategic planning, and evaluation for the youth ministry.
· Equip youth for works of service, helping them discover their God-given gifts to build His kingdom.
· Seek opportunities for impacting youth beyond the local church.
· Establish and strive to maintain positive relationships with youth and parents in the congregation.
· Work closely with church staff and volunteers, supporting and complementing other church ministries.
· Seek out volunteer youth leaders and effectively train them to work with the youth and others as part of a ministry
· Plan and lead in local, national, and international mission service projects such as World Changers.
· Provide weekly youth meetings that are fun, relevant, and effective at inviting youth to follow Christ.
· Participate in the life and community of the church, including Sunday worship and other various activities.
Compensation and Resources
This is a full-time position with compensation depending on experience and education. The package includes salary, housing allowance, health insurance, retirement, and expense reimbursement. Salary and housing range DOE: $33,000 to $44,473. We have a 1500 square-foot youth room with rear screen projection system. The youth ministry also has access to our 28-passenger bus (CDL required) and 15-passenger van.
Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor