This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Administration
Kempsville Presbyterian Church
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 12/10/2008
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Description: Director of Administration
Reports To: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Accounting Coordinator; A/P Clerk Bookkeeper; A/R Clerk; Auditor; Building Maintenance Manager; Print/Distribution Manager; Database Administrator; Receptionists
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the oversight and management of the Financial Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Communication Departments of the church.
A. Financial Accounting:
1. Develop the annual budget for the church in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, the Executive Director, and the Administrative Committee.
2. Develop and maintain strict financial controls to include a detailed chart of accounts for tracking income and expenses, monitoring all checking accounts, reconciling accounts monthly and providing monthly financial reports as directed.
3. Develop and maintain an efficient accounts payable system to provide intelligent and competitive purchasing, ensuring that all purchases are approved and within budget, reviewing all shipments to make sure that merchandise ordered is actually received, and providing a method of record-keeping to track all purchases made by the church.
4. Provide information to church leadership about potential legal and tax problems affecting the church as well as coordinating any legal activities involving the church.
5. Provide leadership in stewardship development through analysis of historical trends and giving patterns in the church.
6. Provide immediate analysis of the church’s investments and cash accounts making recommendations regarding the best way to maximize the return on investments and help keep the cost to a bare minimum.
7. Provide direct oversight to the accurate recording and reporting of gifts to the church and provide accurate, timely reports as directed.
B. Human Resources:
1. Develop and maintain a current Policy manual for the church and ensure that all employees are consistently familiar with church Policy.
2. Develop and maintain accurate job descriptions for each position and ensure that each employee understands what is expected of them.
3. Act as the first line supervisor for the non-ministerial employees of the church providing personnel supervision including interviewing, recommendations for hiring and firing, and employee evaluation.
4. Provide detailed information to the Senior Pastor, Executive Director, Administrative and Personnel Committees as directed.
C. Information Technology:
1. Provide direct oversight to the computer information system of the church including selection, installation, administration and training.
2. Be familiar with all the requirements of the staff and members in order to recommend the most appropriate applications.
3. Remain current with web based applications and provide leadership in directing KPC to the forefront of web based applications to the advancement of the gospel.
D. Facilities Maintenance:
1. Provide supervision of property and facilities management to include operational and preventive maintenance.
2. Plan for and conduct regularly scheduled inspections of the facilities to identify and correct hazardous areas or areas that may cause injury.
2. Develop policies and procedures for use of church property to be included in the church’s Policy Manual.
3. Develop and maintain a plan to provide for the on-site security of our members.
1. Coordinate the church’s publications to reduce duplication of information and make sure information is communicated properly.
2. Work with the Senior Pastor and Executive Director to produce a public relations plan for the church.
Education: Must have a business administration degree; Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent experience is preferred. A working knowledge of managerial accounting is essential.
Experience: Must have at least 10 years experience in directing and leading a professional staff. Should have excellent administrative and people skills. Large church experience is preferable. Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer, with considerable experience with Microsoft Office programs or equivalent.
Faith/Support: Must have a saving faith in Jesus Christ and be willing to commit to the mission and the essentials of the faith of Kempsville Presbyterian Church.