This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part Time Worship Pastor/Leader
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/10/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
Part Time Worship Leader
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of our church.
1. A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained, rather a heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
2. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
3. Skilled vocalist and instrumentalist.
4. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
5. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection.
6. Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
7. A self-starter
8. A team player with a positive attitude.
1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through ongoing spiritual disciplines.
2. Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
3. Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship ministry of the church.
4. Plan the corporate worship service of the church in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. 5. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, and vocalists.
6. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
7. Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
8. Introduce our worship team to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
9. Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
10. Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, and studios, for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
11. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained.