Reporting to and partnering with the Executive Director of Business & Finance, the Director of Finance has the incredible privilege and responsibility to lead a gifted team and manage significant fiduciary responsibilities of a thriving, high-impact church,
including overseeing all accounting functions, providing financial reporting and analysis, guiding the annual budgeting process, managing cash flow and investments, and acting as an advisor to the Directional Leadership Team on long-term planning.
- Known by family, peers and associates to be a person of unyeilding integrity in all matters great and small.
- Must have a passion for Christ and His mission through Christ Fellowship and an eagerness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding environment.
- Demonstrable record of consistent personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
- A thorough understanding and personal application of biblical stewardship principles.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred) or finance (with prior relevant experience). A master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred.
- Must have five or more years of leadership experience in a strategic financial or business role in an audited environment. Prior experience managing payroll, AP, contributions (accounts receivable) and general ledger is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in attracting, developing and leading a financial team, preferably in a church or non-profit environment.
- Must be an energetic and forward-thinking individual with a curiosity and desire to help the team win through increased organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Must have a collaborative and flexible leadership style and a strong service mentality. Adept at building strategic, 360-degree working relationships with both staff and volunteers.
- Oversee all financial operations including contributions, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, and budget planning, cash management, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop, mentor and advocate for the Finance Team of employees and volunteers; managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and work environment with the goal of maintaining an effective team dynamic.
- Direct the preparation of financial reports, including those requested by the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Elders. Work with the Audit Review Committee to facilitate their review of the annual audited financial statements and senior leadership
- Develop and maintain financial systems and policies to ensure effective stewardship of church resources.
- Provide long-term budget planning through forecasting and modeling of existing trends and anticipated strategic initiatives.
- Maintain sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations. Make recommendations on the investment of church funds.
- Enhance knowledge of role by participating in educational opportunities and through development of strategic relationships with financial leaders from the ministry and business community with an emphasis on best practices.
- Coordinate with CF’s external auditing firm to ensure proper accounting procedures, internal controls and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Arrange and facilitate the the annual external audit.
- Other duties as assigned.